Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Right Carbine Forum

Feedback Score

Just Right Carbine Forum

If an Uzi is an assault rifle, then so is the JR carbine I am going to pick up this morning. Everything I have read about these says they are a fun gun to shoot. My club does a pistol caliber carbine/pistol/shotgun 3 gun match that I bought this for. Uses same mags as my glock for an added bonus.

Does anyone else have one? Does anyone know of a forum for JR Carbine owners to share information? My Google Fu skills have failed me on this.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My club has also allowed the use of pistol caliber carbines for three gun matches since no one could find .223/5.56 for a while there.

Two of these carbines both 9mm have been used and they performed well enough but they are a little ammo sensitive especially with light 115gr bullets and hollow points. 124gr Nato and CCI 124gr Lawman ran well in the guns seen.

I searched and found nothing for user groups of JR carbines.

Side note,

If you have not purchased the JR yet research the Ruger PC9 carbine and check the used marked for these gun. These PC9 carbines are built like tanks, have excellent sights and are very accurate. Plus they will shoot any weight ammo without issue and magazines are easy to find.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    I've shot a JRC and they seem nice. They just don't get a lot of press because they are not from a major manufacturer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PA PATRIOT View Post
    My club has also allowed the use of pistol caliber carbines for three gun matches since no one could find .223/5.56 for a while there.

Two of these carbines both 9mm have been used and they performed well enough but they are a little ammo sensitive especially with light 115gr bullets and hollow points. 124gr Nato and CCI 124gr Lawman ran well in the guns seen.

I searched and found nothing for user groups of JR carbines.

Side note,

If you have not purchased the JR yet research the Ruger PC9 carbine and check the used marked for these gun. These PC9 carbines are built like tanks, have excellent sights and are very accurate. Plus they will shoot any weight ammo without issue and magazines are easy to find.
    Already bought. The PC9 would be great. But I was looking for something that would be similar to my AR without having to spend as much as a decent quality 9mm AR would cost. I got this for the price of a comparable reliability AR upper. The Glock magazines was a key factor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty79 View Post
    Already bought. The PC9 would be great. But I was looking for something that would be similar to my AR without having to spend as much as a decent quality 9mm AR would cost. I got this for the price of a comparable reliability AR upper. The Glock magazines was a key factor.
    I wish Lone Wolf Distributors still did the Glock magazine conversions for the Ruger PC-9.

By the time I finally got a hold of a Ruger PC-9, they stopped doing the conversions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Word of warning, The JR carbine will not handle high pressure ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What distances are these to be used at?
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    What distances are these to be used at?
    I use mine at around 25 yards. Knocks raccoons clean off a bird feeder, and they don't get back up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And what about in the competitions?
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    And what about in the competitions?
    Some 3 gun comps have 8 inch steel rifle targets out to 300 meters. If you think you can do that with a 9mm carbine, go for it.

Others have a minimum PF of 160 or whatever, make sure you can meet that without exceeding 9mm's standard pressure. The JR carbine cannot handle +p ammo.

Just noticed you said they have a match specifically for PCCs. You should be fine in that case. Max range might be 100 yardish. Although you certainly could make hits further.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 06-26-13 at 16:39.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast