Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the pigs in MO?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks, looks like Mark Twain is my best bet. The hunt prices aren't bad in Arnold but it's a little too far for me. Good luck on the hunt next year.

Feedback Score

Re: Where are the pigs in MO?

Well if you want to join me on this hunt lol I can't get anyone else to go it's a crying shame lol.

Prior Planning Prevents**** Poor Performance.
    Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks, I might have to take you up on that. I see your in Lees Summit, I'm just east of Lawrence. Do you deer hunt any public land around here? I haven't had much luck getting access to private property and am tired of bowhunting on my 2acre parcel LOL.

Feedback Score

Re: Where are the pigs in MO?

I have a buddy I can hook you up with in KS for deer hunting a pm will be appropriate for that I also have some Army buddies and co-workers in MO as well with hundreds of acres.

Prior Planning Prevents**** Poor Performance.
    Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

Feedback Score
    I have lived in Southwest Missouri most of my life...and yet to see a wild Hog here...not saying they are not here..just never seen one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't doubt that, I hunted hard for 2yrs on public land in CA before I saw my first pig. The only pigs I've seen myself in KS were south of K-32/CR-158 in a cut corn field adjacent to the KS river. Check out this link for info on established pig populations in MO.

http://extension.missouri.edu/p/G9457

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As a former Lawrencian I feel your pain, that place is not at all hunter friendly. I have heard talk of a few packs of Hogs running around the Clinton Lake area, but I'm not sure whats going on with that. I've seen some up north in Jeff County right around Oskaloosa.

Get out of that liberal hellhole as fast as you can
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    LOL, thanks for the heads up. I'm just east of Lawrence in DeSoto so I don't deal with the liberal Lawrence crowd much. Mainly farmers and Mexicans in my area. There's still pigs around lake Clinton but I'm SOL until KS decides turn the problem into profit and sell some pig tags. Looks like I'll have to go road tripping to get my pork fix anytime soon.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I had an acquaintance who worked for the MO dept of conservation a few years ago. He told me that if I would get in touch with one of the local conservation officers they would be glad to put me onto some hogs. That may be worth a shot. Sadly, I moved before I had a chance to give it a whirl.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Sourdough View Post
    Thanks, I might have to take you up on that. I see your in Lees Summit, I'm just east of Lawrence. Do you deer hunt any public land around here? I haven't had much luck getting access to private property and am tired of bowhunting on my 2acre parcel LOL.
    Good luck with getting permission on private property. I've lived just west of the Wichita area my whole life. Within the last 10 years, farmers have gotten REALLY stingy on letting people into their land. I don't know what changed, but my hunting experiences around here have gone way down hill. I would be all about killing hogs around here!! Rumor has it that there is a decent population around the Medicine Lodge area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast