Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom Front Sight?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Custom Front Sight?

For the life of me, I can't seem to find the custom front sight that I could have sworn I saw here. It appeared that someone took a front sight base from an AR, cut, welded and blended the vent rib of an 870 for a front sight.

Sadly, I only have work internet and due to our lovely work internet usage, I'm not able to see images unless they are inbedded or attached in the message and not an image link to a hosted site.

It'd appear similar to this:

http://www.paladinarmory.com/Services.htm

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think Ted Yost or one of the 'smiths working with him did that.

Contact them at http://www.hp1911.com/

...or it could have been Lew Bonitz, from when he was working with them. He has opened his own shop.

http://www.grizzlycustom.com/

Rosco

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've heard of Ned Christiansen cutting AR front sights and welding them up to an 870 barrel. I can't think of anyone else doing it though so I'm not sure this is what you're talking about.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=95223
    Last edited by Vlobb; 08-15-13 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Close. But these front sights were blended with the vent rib. Could have seen it in the shotgun pic thread but not able to check it with my current situation.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    This one is not an AR front sight, but I remember this one as it is a slick install and I love the way it is connected to the rib. Perhaps this is what you were thinking of? It is in the shotgun pic thread.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyguy1 View Post
    My 14" build.

check the top rib front sight interface.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doriwoogie View Post
    This one is not an AR front sight, but I remember this one as it is a slick install and I love the way it is connected to the rib. Perhaps this is what you were thinking of? It is in the shotgun pic thread.
    YES! Many thanks! All I could remember was that it was blended into the rib. Couldn't remember what front sight it was. Must have blurred reading of cut off front sights for shotguns and this.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Glad to help. His is one of my favorites. It's the Wilson/Scattergun sights. I had wanted it imitate his front sight with the rib (sincerest form of flattery!) but my SBS is 12.5" and the way the ribs are wouldn't have lined up quite right.

"The thing about quotes on the internet is you cannot confirm their validity." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What stock is that on luckguy1's 870? I have never seen it before.
    Second place earns a body bag.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not Luckyguy1, and I'm sure I'm starting to look like some weird interwebz shotgun stalker but it's a choate.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by doriwoogie View Post
    Not Luckyguy1, and I'm sure I'm starting to look like some weird interwebz shotgun stalker but it's a choate.
    Copy, and thanks.
    Second place earns a body bag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast