Thread: Barrel suggestions needed

Feedback Score

Barrel suggestions needed

So I'm looking for advice on a couple of barrels. First of all, I need a good barrel for an M16A4 clone. Other than a Colt take-off barrel, who turns out the best 1/7 20" government profile barrels? Second, a lightweight chrome lined midlength gas 16" barrel of the mil-spec CMV steel. The CMMG lightweight middy looks nice but I've read conflicting statements concerning their barrel steel.

Feedback Score
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    I've seen the 20" made by Sabre (SDI), and a LW middy is forthcoming from Noveske.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheActivePatriot View Post
    So I'm looking for advice on a couple of barrels. First of all, I need a good barrel for an M16A4 clone. Other than a Colt take-off barrel, who turns out the best 1/7 20" government profile barrels? Second, a lightweight chrome lined midlength gas 16" barrel of the mil-spec CMV steel. The CMMG lightweight middy looks nice but I've read conflicting statements concerning their barrel steel.

BCM makes the best 20" 1/7, but they are rare and doubt that we will see any this year.

For a 16" middy, the Noveske N4 would be a good choice (available in May).

The CMMG barrels are NOT mil-spec. They use the same 4150 that BM uses.

C4

Feedback Score
    Didn't know a middy N4 was on the way, thanks. Since that upper is going on a friend's registered M16, the thicker chrome will be subject to the workout it was designed for.

Given that the BCM barrels are going to be hard to find at the moment, then what would be the closest in quality that I could have in hand inside of a month or two?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheActivePatriot View Post
    Didn't know a middy N4 was on the way, thanks. Since that upper is going on a friend's registered M16, the thicker chrome will be subject to the workout it was designed for.

Given that the BCM barrels are going to be hard to find at the moment, then what would be the closest in quality that I could have in hand inside of a month or two?
    There really are not many options out there. For 1/7, you will have Sabre Defense and CMMG.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I went to J&T got a M4 proflie chrome lined 1/7 4150 chromed vanadium with
    m4 feed ramp barrel extension.not sure who makes them but i like it

NRA Member