Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My bag

Feedback Score

My bag

Here is the bag I am currently training with. It doubles as my get home bag.

ATS Cobra II (http://www.atstacticalgear.com/cgi/c...n&key=ST-90264)

In it I have the following:
    3liters of water in a camelback
    My chest rig (Mayflower UW--with 4 loaded mag's, Izzy, light, CAT)
    rite in rain 3x5 pad and pen

With just this it weighs 16.2 lbs. I have started walking 4+ miles during my lunch hour to build up my endurance.

I plan on adding the following items as time passes:
    MRE and 4 power bars
    a filtration system (for refill of camelbak once it is empty)
    my rifle broken down (it has a patrol optic, x300 WL, 3xmag and sling)
    Poncho (rain and makeshift shelter)
    firemaking materials (strike anywhere matches dipped in wax, egg carton with sawdust (also dripped in wax))
    some TP
    baby butt wipes
    Paracord
    Gorilla tape

With this set up I should be able to make it 20+ miles back home where the rest of my gear will be. Figure this will be about 30+ lbs.

I tend to remember that even though I would be wearing the chest rig, carrying the rifle it still adds weight to move. I would carry my pistol and leave the rifle at home but I have to worry about both 2 and 4 legged creatures.

Suggestions are always welcome.
    Lurked since 2009.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
    Patrick Henry

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Molṑn Labé

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    i wasn't aware the cobra II had offiically been marketed yet. interesting. gonna hve to check that out

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dude, do you live in AK? Wouldn't you want something in a bigger caliber? Maybe an 870 with slugs and buckshot or lever action 45-70!

Feedback Score
    Why yes, I do. Spent over 15+ years on Kodiak. Never saw a bear for years despite hunting, fishing, and camping. Actually, bears will leave you alone as long as you don't come across them suddenly or get between a sow and her cubs. They just want to be left alone and will generally leave you alone. Moose will also leave you alone just like the bears.

In the type of situation where I am getting from work to home there is no need to be quiet. Wildlife hear you and disappear.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Lurked since 2009.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!”
    Patrick Henry

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Molṑn Labé

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess an M4 will work for you. My bag is set up kinda like yours. I just have an ar pistol and .40 cal.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looks good, 12aklabs. I'm guessing you've got a knife on you already, or you just forgot it on the list, yeah?

How well does your upper fit in that pack? What length barrel?

Feedback Score
    59 (100%)
    DEET. I've used copious quantities of it every time I've been in AK. That said, be careful of what all it touches as it will melt some plastics.
    Last edited by hatidua; 07-02-13 at 11:27.

Feedback Score
    Rackham1: No I don't have a fixed blade as of yet. Still looking and doing research but am leaning toward a Ka-bar. My DD M4 fits just fine. She is a 16" barrel with aimpoint and a 3x.

Hatidua: Don't have DEET yet (everyone is out) but for spring/summer I carry Deep Woods off. It seems to work. Once stocks come back I am planning on getting some to go in the pack. The only real places I put it is on my hat and exposed arms and neck/face.
    Lurked since 2009.

Patrick Henry

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Molṑn Labé

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 12aklabs View Post
    No I don't have a fixed blade as of yet. Still looking and doing research but am leaning toward a Ka-bar.
    I have always considered a fixed blade a top priority.

Might I suggest you take a look at the ESEE line. The ESEE 6 or 5 should serve you well. Dollar for dollar one would be hard pressed to find a better knife for the money.

http://www.eseeknives.com/

If you want to purchase one The Knife Connection is one of their top dealers that carry harder to find models, good prices, and they make their own custom scales.

http://www.the-knife-connection.com/eseeknives.html
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 07-03-13 at 17:32.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I have always considered a fixed blade a top priority.

Might I suggest you take a look at the ESEE line. The ESEE 6 or 5 should server you well. Dollar for dollar one would be hard pressed to find a better knife for the money.

http://www.eseeknives.com/

If you want to purchase one The Knife Connection is one of their top dealers that carry harder to find models, good prices, and they make their own custom scales.

http://www.the-knife-connection.com/eseeknives.html
    I agree but if you cant afford the Esee I would suggest a Kabar Becker BK2 its a work horse and is along the same lines as a Esee 5 and will not let you down.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast