Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    Getting towards the end of my deployment, closing the base down, so we have started expending all our excess ammo, earlier tonight myself and three others started an experiment (can't claim credit to it) one M4 lubed with CLP, one with Froglube, mine with EWL, and another with FireClean. We started doing mag dumps, taking breaks when the guns got too hot to handle. Our range time ended before we did a lot, but the CLP gun died at 10 or 11 mags, and the other three are still running fine, with 23, 18 and 24 mags thru them, with the only issues on my gun was due to bad feed lips on mag 11.

Up early in the morning to continue the test.

Ammo is a mixture of M855, M855A1 and about half a mag of the OTM rounds.
    So jealous! Any more results?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We basically just used each gun that had been using those particular lubes the whole deployment, so as far as I know there was no cross contamination among the lubes.

The Froglube gun wasn't able to come back out to the second day of shooting, shooter had other tasks at hand. I believe the FireClean and EWL guns both ended with around 34 mags a piece, I don't know what sort, if any stoppages occured with the FireClean gun but mine with the EWL was starting to get sluggish around mag 32 and suffered one stuck casing with a blown primer, MK262, at mag 31. Simply ran out of time before getting it to completely choke. Also had one round that jammed the gun up, M855, failed to fire, Mag 33, and once I got it free I saw that the case had some pretty good dents just after the shoulder, I didn't load the magazine so I don't know if the round was like that to begin with.

Once I get some info from the FireClean shooter I'll further update this. We did take some before pictures, and will take some after pictures to compare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I also learned that its important to put loctite on my thorntail flashlight mount, twice over the course of fire it worked itself loose so that the flashlight was sliding around in the ring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score

Fireclean with AR15

Rero, just so I'm clear....you guys lubed the guns at the beginning of your test but didn't reapply any additional lube once you began shooting?

Also, thanks much for your service! Stay safe out there.

Buzz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Feedback Score
    ...earlier tonight myself and three others started an experiment (can't claim credit to it) one M4 lubed with CLP, one with Froglube, mine with EWL, and another with FireClean.....the CLP gun died at 10 or 11 mags....
    So this is Rand CLP, correct? I've been considering ordering some, but this might change my mind.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is correct, one individual lubed each gun as close to the same amount as possible and no more lube was added once the shooting started.

Unknown in regards to the CLP, just whatever the Army issued stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JS-Maine View Post
    So this is Rand CLP, correct? I've been considering ordering some, but this might change my mind.
    That is correct, one individual lubed each gun as close to the same amount as possible and no more lube was added once the shooting started.

Unknown in regards to the CLP, just whatever the Army issued stuff.
    No, Rand CLP is a pretty new product and definitely now what that Army uses. He's talking about just regular CLP. Honestly I have no idea what the commercial variant would be but it's as basic as it gets.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    No, Rand CLP is a pretty new product and definitely now what that Army uses. He's talking about just regular CLP. Honestly I have no idea what the commercial variant would be but it's as basic as it gets.
    Royco, I believe. Not sure if they sell to civilian, it used to be Break Free, then Safariland or something.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Good to know-thanks. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions without being sure. It seems good torture test and reviews of Rand CLP are pretty hard to find.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JS-Maine View Post
    Good to know-thanks. I didn't want to jump to any conclusions without being sure. It seems good torture test and reviews of Rand CLP are pretty hard to find.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWG8ZFR7CAc

Looks like they are using the older formula of Rand, regardless, this looks rather impartial to me.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast