Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    You need to give the Fireclean time to work in a case like that. Saturate the carbon build-up area and let it sit for a while. Eventually the Fireclean will break the caked on carbon up. Even when I clean my BCG really well before an initial application of Fireclean, there will be residual carbon that comes loose a few days to a week later. That is the Fireclean working its' way into the metal and loosening the residual carbon at the same time. I believe they even say to expect this in the instructions.
    THIS...

If anyone think CLP works better are carbon disolving then they are either smoking something restricted - or having some seriously off results (or both).
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Like I posted earlier in this thread, I put a 2oz bottle of Fireclean in a pill bottle....just enough to submerge an entire AR bolt in. You can let it sit overnight if you don't feel like using a little elbow grease, but I haven't done this yet. May have to try next time out shooting.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    I decided to switch from Froglube to Fireclean on my M&P45. I put the gun in my ultrasonic cleaner before putting on the FC. Does anyone know if that's enough, or do I need to use a degreaser first and re-lube it for it to protect and lube properly?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Well, here's an environmental test. Rand CLP and Fireclean and an unprotected nail sit yonder...

It rained on and off until this photo was taken, sometimes sprinkles, sometimes monsoon deluges.

The "clean" nails on top are replications of said test for long-term, and are still there. Only the control shows rust on them, we have not had another downpour. FWIW, both seem to be equally covered in dust and grit.

Feedback Score
    The number one problem all of us have ( WASP males are the world's worst - myself included ) is to follow instructions - the first time I used Fireclean I was underwhelmed with the results because I didn't follow the instructions

You have to get the metal clean then apply - once you do that it works great. Allow Fireclean to treat the surface of the metal without a bunch of crap on top

It's the same idea as stripping wallpaper off a wall and clean and prep the surface before you paint - the results are night and day

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    The number one problem all of us have ( WASP males are the world's worst - myself included ) is to follow instructions - the first time I used Fireclean I was underwhelmed with the results because I didn't follow the instructions

You have to get the metal clean then apply - once you do that it works great. Allow Fireclean to treat the surface of the metal without a bunch of crap on top

It's the same idea as stripping wallpaper off a wall and clean and prep the surface before you paint - the results are night and day
    Not that other people and FIREClean themselves aren't to be trusted, but it's still nice to hear it from someone like yourself, that this really matters and makes a difference.

My first experience was so-so with it, but I also ONLY cleaned with gun-scrubber, and as we know, that can certainly leave a lot of carbon on the parts, just washing away the "easy" stuff.

Anyway, thanks for affirming that this actually matters. What is your method for getting it 100% clean?

Feedback Score
    Well first off as everybody is correct over time the Fireclean dissolves away the carbon

For your initial Fireclean prep 'cleaning' try MPro7 cleaner and then begin your Fireclean application

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    in a pill bottle....just enough to submerge an entire AR bolt in.
    Hell, now I feel dumber than usual...I've got at least 4 empties in the kitchen junk drawer. NEVER occurred to me.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score

Fireclean with AR15

I'm pretty sure I'm getting better results with my OCD cleaning, then many coats over some days to get it really soaked in. I've also stuck a bolt in the corner of a heavy freezer bag and left it soaking for a week. The stuff works pretty good, but it seems you got to get it really clean and really soaked in to get the best results.
    Last edited by tom12.7; 11-08-13 at 15:10.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast