Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    Slightly off topic, but since there were so many fireclean experiences shared here someone is bound to know. Is FC ideal for use on the Benelli m4 operating system? I'm about to get one and would like to use FC from the gate if it's the best lube for this particular weapon and it's internals.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peshawar View Post
    Slightly off topic, but since there were so many fireclean experiences shared here someone is bound to know. Is FC ideal for use on the Benelli m4 operating system? I'm about to get one and would like to use FC from the gate if it's the best lube for this particular weapon and it's internals.
    Considering that we would just use CLP and they ran decently, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I watched a video on youtube from a competition Benelli team member I believe that said there was certain shells that gave problems loading in his Benelli but with Fireclean they ran perfect. I will see if I can find the video.

Found video but it isnt a benelli team member and also posted by Fireclean but here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptTONkq6fFM
    Last edited by jaybirdritenour2; 11-26-13 at 17:28.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdritenour2 View Post
    I watched a video on youtube from a competition Benelli team member I believe that said there was certain shells that gave problems loading in his Benelli but with Fireclean they ran perfect. I will see if I can find the video.
    Thank you, Sir! I'd really be curious to see the vid.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    This is pretty interesting. I'm also just as concerned about my health. I can't sem to find a MSDS of this FC product on their web site. Says it is non-toxic, ummm, prove it. I currently use M-Pro7 cleaner (non-toxic), and Ballistol (non-toxic + biodegradable) coat the BCG, then grease the BCG rails with a bit of Libriplate SFL-0 (non-toxic + food grade rated).

I stopped reading/caring about Eezox as soon as got to the Trichloroethylene main ingredient in their MSDS, no thanks, toxic as hell. Don't get me started, I worked in a ski manufacturing plant as a teenager, and I swam in it for a summer.

So, priority one for me is my health as seen in my current panel of products I use. Someone please link me to a MSDS. I'm interested if it is safe.
    Last edited by campbed; 11-26-13 at 21:02.
    If you would only recognize that life is hard, things would be so much easier for you. - Louis D. Brandeis

SIG P226 MK25 9mm + [.22 Rimfire Conversion Kit]
    SIG M400 Enhanced Black
    Beretta Nano

Feedback Score
    " I stopped reading/caring about Eezox as soon as got to the Trichloroethylene"
    Is that why it stinks?

Feedback Score
    Thank you, Sir! I'd really be curious to see the vid.

I linked it in the post but he isn't a benelli member and the video was posted by Fireclean.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybirdritenour2 View Post
    I linked it in the post but he isn't a benelli member and the video was posted by Fireclean.
    Yes, and thank you for posting it. Much appreciated. I'm no expert, but that guy in the vid seemed pretty credible to me. I'm going to give it a try when I get my Benelli next week. FC might be an ideal choice for that platform.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by campbed View Post
    This is pretty interesting. I'm also just as concerned about my health. I can't sem to find a MSDS of this FC product on their web site. Says it is non-toxic, ummm, prove it. Seriously...how? I mean, the FDA is yanking "proven" drugs every day for causing all sorts of life-ending problems, and you want someone to "prove" that a firearm CLP really, truly, 100% is non-toxic? Will you just settle for "less toxic than the firing residue suspended in it"? Sounds reasonable... I currently use M-Pro7 cleaner (non-toxic), and Ballistol (non-toxic + biodegradable) coat the BCG, then grease the BCG rails with a bit of Libriplate SFL-0 (non-toxic + food grade rated).

I stopped reading/caring about Eezox as soon as got to the Trichloroethylene main ingredient in their MSDS, no thanks, toxic as hell. Don't get me started, I worked in a ski manufacturing plant as a teenager, and I swam in it for a summer. What did it do to you?

So, priority one for me is my health as seen in my current panel of products I use. Someone please link me to a MSDS. I looked and could not find an MSDS, but I know that people out there know what's in it who are friends with those who invented it. If it were harmful, I bet we would either know about it, or it wouldn't be knowable for years to come, much like those FDA yanked drugs I mentioned earlier. I'm interested if it is safe.
    I feel that it must be safer than the junk suspended in it (firing residue), which contains glass, mercury, lead, and carcinogens, as I understand it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Does FC also work as a protectant against rust? Also, are people getting good results in the bore of the barrels themselves?
    NRA Life Member and Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Admitted New York State Bar 1994

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast