Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    Nice write up!
    My Ti-Rant .45 test seemed positive enough for me to continue using it, especially in the piston area.
    I've loosened up some QD can mounts from the cans easier that were pre treated with FC. If it's stuck good though, I've added extra drops with pretty good success so far.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Nice write up!
    My Ti-Rant .45 test seemed positive enough for me to continue using it, especially in the piston area.
    I've loosened up some QD can mounts from the cans easier that were pre treated with FC. If it's stuck good though, I've added extra drops with pretty good success so far.
    I've used it to break/free up a noveske switchblock.before. its very good for that.

Feedback Score
    I dont know if this has been answered, but has anyone used FC to clean the inside of the barrel of their AR? Is it okay to use?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donnystyles View Post
    I dont know if this has been answered, but has anyone used FC to clean the inside of the barrel of their AR? Is it okay to use?
    I asked FC this question. It is OK. Just do not let any "loose" liquid in barrel before shooting. Clean barrel with dry patch to remove any excess, that did not soak into barrel surface.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used it in my barrels without issue.

Review's up for anyone interested

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    EDIT: Do you REALLY think that asking these kinds of questions, and in that manner, in public, is the best route to take, given that your PM function is working?

You have had this more than adequately explained to you. Your having decided to take away what you want to take away from it, instead of what should have been taken away from it, is not anybody's problem but yours.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well...please allow me to try to get this back on track...

How many rounds were fired through that M4? You allude to it being "fired that much", but we don't have a round count. Also, was there anything left to scrape on that bolt tail, or did it come 100% clean?

My experience with a QPQ'ed bolt was that after about 150 rounds were fired, it literally wiped 100% clean with a paper towel. 100%. This was with an unsuppressed middy, but...wow.

My experience with a 10.5" suppressed gun was that it took a tiny bit of scraping, and chunks flew off, and it was 100% clean then. Took literally a handful of seconds.

This product really and truly delivers. Try it on a suppressed .22 pistol and feel the action and how it is compared to other products after a few hundred rounds. I was stunned when I did this.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm actually running my latest build with Fireclean only, took the time to prep with isopropyl alcohol, dry, soak with FC, reapply to allow more to work its way into the pores, assemble.

Have not yet cleaned (300 rounds in) and will probably take it out to 1000 rounds just to see how well it works. I will post pics when all is said and done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Well...please allow me to try to get this back on track...

How many rounds were fired through that M4? You allude to it being "fired that much", but we don't have a round count. Also, was there anything left to scrape on that bolt tail, or did it come 100% clean?

My experience with a QPQ'ed bolt was that after about 150 rounds were fired, it literally wiped 100% clean with a paper towel. 100%. This was with an unsuppressed middy, but...wow.

My experience with a 10.5" suppressed gun was that it took a tiny bit of scraping, and chunks flew off, and it was 100% clean then. Took literally a handful of seconds.

This product really and truly delivers. Try it on a suppressed .22 pistol and feel the action and how it is compared to other products after a few hundred rounds. I was stunned when I did this.
    I said the number in a part that got edited out. I need to annotate that. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by plouffedaddy View Post
    I said the number in a part that got edited out. I need to annotate that. Thanks.
    Thanks. I was hoping I wasn't being my typical self with the attention span of a ferret on crack and had missed it.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast