Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just cleaned everything (what I thought was) thoroughly with MPro 7 Cleaner. Previous lubes were Slip2000 and MPro 7.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejg View Post
    I just cleaned everything (what I thought was) thoroughly with MPro 7 Cleaner. Previous lubes were Slip2000 and MPro 7.
    Probably should have degreased it the first go around.

Feedback Score
    Where are you finding the best price? I need another bottle.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's what I'm thinking. But I'm still curious if anyone else has experienced this. Surely, I'm not the only one who has applied fireclean after previously using a different lube and potentially not cleaned well enough.

I know the FireClean directions say it is not recommended to use it with other lubes, but does not say why. Does it just prevent thorough FireClean absorption into the metal pores or could it cause what I'm experiencing? I've emailed FireClean and asked this question. Either way I'll be degreasing and re-applying.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    In my experience, that happens when the original lube wasn't fully stripped off. You can reapply and clean with FC until it's gone, or thoroughly degrease and reapply.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    In my experience, that happens when the original lube wasn't fully stripped off. You can reapply and clean with FC until it's gone, or thoroughly degrease and reapply.
    Thank you, F2S! Answered my question perfectly. Would you recommend using the FC to clean and reapply or use degreaser? Or does it matter? Thanks, again!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thank you, F2S! Answered my question perfectly. Would you recommend using the FC to clean and reapply or use degreaser? Or does it matter? Thanks, again!
    I haven't done any in-depth verification, so I can't really say, but I generally prefer to set myself up success, so I'll degrease and reapply.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I haven't done any in-depth verification, so I can't really say, but I generally prefer to set myself up success, so I'll degrease and reapply.
    Makes sense. That's what I'll do. Thanks, again.

Feedback Score
    Makes sense. That's what I'll do. Thanks, again.
    I used isopropyl alcohol in my ultrasonic cleaner and the parts came out bone-dry. Then I applied the FireClean.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    hmmm...I had a bad experience with Frog lube; the stuff got very sticky and gummed up the action etc. (the rifle was cleaned properly prior to application). I've read great things about FireClean and am contemplating trying it out. However, the above comment regarding fireclean and sticky/gummed up action gives me pause. Slip EWL is just so solid. hard for me to pull away from it. Those of you who have used both Slip 2000 EWL and Fireclean care to chime in on appreciable differences between the two lubricants?

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast