Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JS-Maine View Post
    I also have similar concerns regarding Frog Lube. Honestly I love the stuff compared to synthetic motor oil mainly due to its dual nature of cleaner/lube. It does funtion very well in that role. I agree that application can be laborious as well.

My biggest gripe with Frog Lube and a product like Fireclean is the requirement for exclusive application. As much as I like Frog Lube, is it worth losing ability to use another shooter's tube of Mobil 1 if I was to run out or lose my supply? I doubt the world would end at that particular moment but you know what I mean...
    This was also my main concern with alternate lubrication products such as Frog Lube and Fire Clean. They must be used at the exclusion of most every other mainstream lubrication product. On the other hand, rhetorically speaking, in all practicality, how detrimental is that to most of us?
    Last edited by Jungo2; 07-05-13 at 13:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Read my post above yours.
    I'm not familiar enough with Fireclean to form an opinion, but if it is anything like Frog Lube straying from application procedure could risk causing problems.

"FrogLube™ will penetrate and eventually dissolve corrosive petrochemical present on the weapon...it works as both a cleaner and degreaser that does not leave a residue.
    NOTE: You should eliminate the use of petrochemical‐based cleaners and lubricants of opposing chemistry since they offset the benefits of a FrogLube™-treated weapon."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can just toss FIREClean on -- it will break up carbon and lube the weapon.
    However carbon adheres to carbon, so totally cleaning the gun first and applying it on a clean prep surface will work best.

I'm a TOTAL convert to FIREClean.

PERIOD

For suppressed guns, it is the BEST lube I have seen, heck from .22LR pistol to .50BMG M-2HB's it kills the competition. My first hint this was a breakthru was a 950rd 1 hour session with a LE entity using a 11.5" SR-16, and the Flash Hider was still moist with the FIREClean after the range session.

Also on a precision gun standpoint it seems to reduce bore fouling and copper build up to next to nil.

I'm a pretty lazy guy, and this reduces both the cleanings I give and the cleaning time needed.

I don't usually go head of heels for products - but I am here.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    However carbon adheres to carbon, so totally cleaning the gun first and applying it on a clean prep surface will work best.

PERIOD

For suppressed guns, it is the BEST lube I have seen, heck from .22LR pistol to .50BMG M-2HB's it kills the competition. My first hint this was a breakthru was a 950rd 1 hour session with a LE entity using a 11.5" SR-16, and the Flash Hider was still moist with the FIREClean after the range session.

Also on a precision gun standpoint it seems to reduce bore fouling and copper build up to next to nil.

I'm a pretty lazy guy, and this reduces both the cleanings I give and the cleaning time needed.

Wow...thanks! This is a pretty heavy endorsement of Fire Clean.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I went from Froglube to Fireclean to Rand CLP. Kyle Lamb is who turned me on to Rand, after he tested Froglube, Fireclean, SLIP, and a host of others both in the field, and viewed lab test results as well. I have been very pleased with it. I was who sold Robb his Rubber City Armory BCG, and I included some Rand CLP with it. I am anxious to see his impressions of the product, as I know he has also gone from Froglube to Fireclean, IIRC.

I did run FireClean for 1 day at a carbine course. It did okay. Nothing to complain about, nothing to really get excited about. Clean Up was the same as any other quality lube of the new variety (Rand, Froglube, SEAL 1, etc. Basically anything with a super high flash or vapor point is going to leave minimal carbon and prevent its adherence, I have found). However, I have found that FireClean does VERY well when used to break the carbon off of things, like a Noveske Switchblock, and keep a bottle for such occasions.
    Last edited by WS6; 07-05-13 at 18:06.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    WS6 thanks for the info. Looking for real world quantifiable info. before I decide to change what I'm using.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    Anyone tested Mobil 1 against Rand, Frog, Fire Clean?

Feedback Score

PERIOD

Wow, I'm glad I asked about FireClean. And its even going on an 11.5 SR-15.

Feedback Score

PERIOD

I've got a 2-pack on the way. I keep reading reviews like this so I guess we'll see!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Got an idea: the little bottles are 2oz each, right? That's about enough to fill a tall-ish shot glass (perfect size for an AR bolt). Since I have a 2-pack coming I figure I can fill 2 shot glasses----one for dropping in a dirty bolt and letting the FireClean eat at the carbon and then another to submerge the now clean bolt in to soak up the FireClean into the metal. Considering with displacement it wouldn't even require the whole 2oz to cover a bolt once in the glass I can perhaps get away with using one bottle at a time for both purposes.

Always use the "dirty" one for dirty bolts and eventually rotate the "clean" one into the dirty role and fill up a fresh "clean" glass.

Yeah, I know it's a rather expensive product per ounce but what the hell, it's just money right?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast