Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Prefer it over Froglube why? Flanntastic, that is not sarcaem. As a FL user myself I want to know why you do.

Sinless, from our past PM's I realize you don't favor Froglube either.

Looking forward to your results with Fireclean bud.

-Jax
    Yeah I had bad rust problems with Froglube, So far Fireclean has kept my weapon rust free.

I am excited to test this stuff out and see how well it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score

Re: Fireclean with AR15

I was considering trying out some of the others mentioned here but since I'm not one to waste I was waiting until my breakfree was gone. Think this will be the one I try first.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Yeah I had bad rust problems with Froglube, So far Fireclean has kept my weapon rust free.

I am excited to test this stuff out and see how well it does.
    This is very interesting to me as in all of my observation, Fireclean does far less to prevent it.

However, I used Froglube on my rifle and did get rust. When I use FireClean, it did not rust. I don't know if something in the powder/primer residue does not get along with FL, or what.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Fireclean with AR15

Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Prefer it over Froglube why? Flanntastic, that is not sarcaem. As a FL user myself I want to know why you do.

Sinless, from our past PM's I realize you don't favor Froglube either.

Looking forward to your results with Fireclean bud.

-Jax
    Frog luge seemed to come streaming out of the upper/lower seem once the gun got really hot. The fireclean seemed to stay on the bolt and upper better.
    However....I was in a hotel for cleaning and did not heat up parts the way some do with froglube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Bryan
    Aim

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flanntastic View Post
    Frog luge seemed to come streaming out of the upper/lower seem once the gun got really hot. The fireclean seemed to stay on the bolt and upper better.
    However....I was in a hotel for cleaning and did not heat up parts the way some do with froglube.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Copy that and thanks for the input. Have to place an order from DSG soon. May put some FC on the order to try out. Once I get some bulk .22 I am thinking about doing a test with Fire Clean and Froglube in my M&P 22 with a can and see what chokes first. Hopefully I can do this in the near future.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 07-16-13 at 19:28.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm curious to know how many coats you guys are using on a completely cleaned/degreased gun to get the silky smooth action. I put one coat on a couple days ago and let it soak in, then another one today and my LE6940 still seems a little gritty when cycling the bolt. Maybe it's because the gun is still fairly new?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
    I'm curious to know how many coats you guys are using on a completely cleaned/degreased gun to get the silky smooth action. I put one coat on a couple days ago and let it soak in, then another one today and my LE6940 still seems a little gritty when cycling the bolt. Maybe it's because the gun is still fairly new?
    That grit is mainly from the spring, buffer and buffer tube, it will wear smooth soon with a bit of shooting.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    That grit is mainly from the spring, buffer and buffer tube, it will wear smooth soon with a bit of shooting.
    Charging handle plays a big part in the grit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Re: Fireclean with AR15

Quote Originally Posted by TBomb View Post
    It might take a grand or two to get the gun worn in.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Charging handle plays a big part in the grit as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    It might take a grand or two to get the gun worn in.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Thanks for the input gents, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't applying it incorrectly...it was nowhere near as quiet as the video demonstration they have. I guess I'll have to shoot it a bunch and report back.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast