Thread: DD5 suppressed

Feedback Score

DD5 suppressed

I finally got my Omega back and the DD5 seemed to like it just fine. What gas adjustable gas block would work and what have y’all used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sorry I can't help you by offering any personal experience. I recently started a thread about which AR10s are good for use with a can and one poster that built his own used the SLR which I have heard good things about. I have seen the Superlative arms offering recommended several times as well and plan on using one for my build. Again take all of this with a grain of salt as I have used neither.

My main purpose for posting is actually to ask about the rifle/can combo. You said that the DD5 seemed to like shooting with the Omega just fine - did it seem significantly overgassed or are you just trying to tame it down a little?

Feedback Score
    I shoot mine exclusively with my SOCOM 762 Mini and it is a dream to shoot suppressed. I don't see the need to use an adjustable gas block at all.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I shoot mine with an Omega as well. Hearing safe, no gas to the face. Very smooth w/o any mods to the gas system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by operator81 View Post
    I shoot mine with an Omega as well. Hearing safe, no gas to the face. Very smooth w/o any mods to the gas system.
    That was my experience. It just crazy dirty quick. I don’t know how much a gas block would help that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My DD5V1 is a very soft shooter right out of the box. Darn near undergassed. When I first got it, I took some weight out of the buffer to help the gun cycle correctly. Shooting Federal GMM 168, the gun would short stroke. Once I put a few hundred rounds through it, she smoothed out to become incredible. I love the rifle, and mine has a NightForce SHV 4-14 F1 on it. I have taken it out to 825 yds, very successfully.
    My buddy has several Knights rifles. Shooting the DD literally back to back with the Knights, the DD is noticeably softer.
    I would put the can on and shoot it a bit before I spent $100 on an adjustable gas block that you may very well not need. Just my .2 cents.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Changing out the receiver extension, buffer, and spring to an A5 tube, standard H2 or H3 buffer, and orange springco spring helps too. Also has the added bonus of easing charging handle operation too. Best upgrade you can make to a DD5 in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    ^^^^^ This is correct......
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......