Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith & Wesson M&P-10

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was able to get the MOE handguards on without trimming anything. I added photos to the first post of the M&P-10 in full Magpul regalia.

The rifle warms up much quicker that a 5.56! Still haven't installed a set of BUIS and have no plans to do so because I'll be mounting a Nightforce scope on it as soon as I can get my hot little mitts on one. I gotta say, it's nice not having the distraction of front sight intruding in the FOV of the H1. It's giving me something to think about when I shift the micro back to the 5.56 carbine.

We took the M&P-10 out to a place to shoot on private property this last weekend. The owner is pleasant fellow with whom I was glad to make the acquaintance, an older gentleman who has very little experience with ARs and none with an RDS. I let him try the M&P-10 and was instantly impressed with the Aimpoint.

Shot the M&P-10 back to back with a Para FAL equipped with a BABC. The FAL shoots much softer which I'm certain is due to the compensater.

The more I shoot the M&P-10, the more I like it. Wearing full Magpul regalia, it's an improvement over the factory M4 style furniture
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-05-13 at 12:14.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I test fit a Leupold 10x Mk IV to see if I could mount rings directly to the flat top or if I'd need to go with a cantilever mount to get enough eye relief. Pushing it all the way forward is actually too far. One notch back is about right

Looks like a scope will fit fine with just rings
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-08-13 at 00:23.

I am American

Feedback Score
    So, in other words, you don't like it Sounds like a great setup. Congrats! I'm tempted to sell my Armalite and get this rig. I haven't shot my Armalite lately, but ammo cost in today's climate has to be a killer.

Feedback Score
    MistWolf, how about shooting some more groups for us. That is a fine looking rifle, just about like mine except you have a better scope.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I plan to as soon as I can afford a box or two of good ammo

I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm considering an Apex handguard for mine. Anyone have an opinion on those?

I need something really strong because I attach my rifles to a mount on the bottom rail. It has to hold the whole rifle from that single attachment point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris2son View Post
    I'm considering an Apex handguard for mine. Anyone have an opinion on those?

I need something really strong because I attach my rifles to a mount on the bottom rail. It has to hold the whole rifle from that single attachment point.
    What do you mean? I have admired the Apex handguard. I have watched the video. I have thought of installing one as well. Mine shoots so well with the Magpul handguard, I hate to spend the extra money on another handguard. What length handguard are you considering?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Creek View Post
    What do you mean? I have admired the Apex handguard. I have watched the video. I have thought of installing one as well. Mine shoots so well with the Magpul handguard, I hate to spend the extra money on another handguard. What length handguard are you considering?
    Watch this video as a display of how I shoot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzUV...I00McBX3816PMg

I'm wondering if the Apex will handle the abuse.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know I promised to shoot groups with the 10x Leupold mounted, but I swapped it out for a 2.5x10x32 NF. The NF has the advantage of being a variable with a lit reticle and is 2 ozs lighter. With a fully loaded mag and Leupold, the big AR weighs in at 12 lbs. With the NF it weighs 11 lbs 14 oz. We took it up to the mountains to get it sighted in and to shoot some groups, but rain rolled in and were only able to fire off a single mag. Before we left, I swapped the carbine weight buffer for an H2. Recoil softened up quite a bit. I plan to try an H3 next time

It was a surprise to discover the scope has no parallax adjustment. When the weather is better, I'll adjust the focus to match my eyesight and get it properly sighted in
    Last edited by MistWolf; 09-08-13 at 09:26.

I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Smith & Wesson M&P-10

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Before we left, I swapped the carbine weight buffer for an H2. Recoil softened up quite a bit. I plan to try an H3 next time.
    Let me know how it works out. I was going to try an A5 in the M&P my next time out.

Sent via Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast