It's convoluted story I won't bore you the details of, but the bottom line is this: I can make a deal to swap a Colt LE 6920 (with Magpul Furniture) for a low round count Larue Tactical AR and come out with a couple of hundred dollars on top of this. I don't have the model of the Larue yet. My limited understanding of the Larue's are that they are really well built for accuracy but perhaps don't have the barrel life of the Colt. I love the Colt and it does everything I need it to do. Looking at the current offerings on the Larue website it looks like it makes financial sense to do it since the lowest price Larue I can find in 5.56 is around 1600$ or so.

Assuming this is the lower priced Larue in question - is there a reason not to do this?

I just don't know enough about the Larue's to make a qualified decision and I couldn't find many used ones for sale. It seems to me that if I can make this happen I could probably re-sell the Larue and make enough to buy another Colt and a quality RDS by doing this.

Any input would be appreciated. BTW I am sure the deal is legit and legal.