Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Who runs a Cz?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal24k View Post
    It was hard picking up a new platform, but in my current price range the 9mm 1911 was too much of a crapshoot
    Look into the STI Trojan. Brazo's Custom carries them. It's far, far cheaper than an X-5.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    CZ SP-01 SA Shadow in hand. Initial impressions: trigger amazing, sight good. wish the shelf on the safety was lower, with y hands my thumbs comfortably sit just below the safety. Grips are a bit too thick as well(factory rubber), hopefully thinner ones will help because i have to significantly adjust grip to actuate slide release.
    Thing has some heft, which will be nice on the range, this is will be range toy after all. We will see how i feel down the road, but it may get replaced with an X-5 or 9mm 1911 if it is not love.

Feedback Score
    CZ SP-01 SA Shadow in hand. Initial impressions: trigger amazing, sight good. wish the shelf on the safety was lower, with y hands my thumbs comfortably sit just below the safety. Grips are a bit too thick as well(factory rubber), hopefully thinner ones will help because i have to significantly adjust grip to actuate slide release.
    Thing has some heft, which will be nice on the range, this is will be range toy after all. We will see how i feel down the road, but it may get replaced with an X-5 or 9mm 1911 if it is not love.
    When I ran a Cz I used my offhand to hit the slide release going from seating mag to getting a good grip back on the gun. Just something to try.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    When I ran a Cz I used my offhand to hit the slide release going from seating mag to getting a good grip back on the gun. Just something to try.
    yep, that's what I determined I would have to do. After spending some time with it and my 1911s, i realized it was not the distance as much as it was the safety in the way of my thumb.

Feedback Score
    yep, that's what I determined I would have to do. After spending some time with it and my 1911s, i realized it was not the distance as much as it was the safety in the way of my thumb.
    On my compact it was just too short to reach well. It was not noticeably slower, but I didn't have a timer either.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cz has come a long way on this site since 2009 when they were battling up from an off brand with lack of support to what seems to be a preferred brand with ever growing support.

I STILL think CZ could have learned from Tanfoglio in the design of the trigger with a FPB. If you pick up a TF or IWI, you will see a real difference in the trigger. Most IWI guns I pick up have a very crisp SA OTB. The omega seems to be a slight improvement in a stock gun. The std trigger can be made excellent but takes either much time and/or money.

I own some PreBs and a compact, and I've tried to like the P07, but just don't love the thick top end and skinny grip, and expensive mags. Might look at a IWI 941 in polymer.

Would love to handle a P01 Omega, but CZ s are hens teeth now.

But I do think the CZ has come a long way and offers awesome accuracy, ergonomics and reliability.

Feedback Score
    Have had a P07 for the past year or so, no issues, has run quite well in classes and regular old fun range days, more accurate than my glock 19 and as accurate as my vp9, reliability, not even a concern, just runs great.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011