Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FMJ vs Non-jacketed

Feedback Score
    MC-BT = Metal Case Boat Tail. We call them Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail (FMJ-BT). It is definitely the bullet of which they (Federal Cartridge) speak.
    “Detached Reflection Cannot Be Demanded in the Presence of an Uplifted Knife” ~ Brown v. United States (1921)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anachronism View Post
    MC-BT = Metal Case Boat Tail. We call them Full Metal Jacket Boat Tail (FMJ-BT). It is definitely the bullet of which they (Federal Cartridge) speak.
    Not to state the obvious, but the case and the jacket are not the same part of the bullet. On top of that, American Eagle sells both FMJBT and MCBT 5.56mm bullets, so why would they use 2 different naming schemes for the exact same bullet? Unless of course they are NOT the same.
    Last edited by RtWing; 07-15-13 at 11:50.
    "Withhold no sacrifice, begrudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe, all will be well." ~ Winston Churchill

Feedback Score
    So i just ordered Some American Eagle black box rounds and here's what I got:

ordered .223 Rem, 55gr FMJ - arrived as advertised

ordered .223 Rem, 50gr Polymer Varmint Tip - arrived as advertised

ordered 5.56mm 55gr FMJBT - arrived as Federal white box Metal Case Boat Tail (MCBT) - not what was ordered OR advertised

Maybe they advertise as FMJ because Federal missed-stamped the box as Metal Case? Who knows I guess.
    Last edited by RtWing; 07-19-13 at 12:06.
    "Withhold no sacrifice, begrudge no toil, seek no sordid gain, fear no foe, all will be well." ~ Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123