Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Review: Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle

I've already come to realize that anything Rainier Arms does is top notch, and the Raptor is no exception. It is extremely well-made, and it is much more useful than I imagined it would be before I started using it.

I compare the Raptor to a USGI charging handle, a PRI Gasbuster, and a BCM Gunfighter Mod4. As you will see, the Raptor really isn't that much bigger than other improved charging handles, yet it has features that others do not. (I wish I had other ambis to compare it to, but I do not.)

A USGI charging handle gets the job done just fine most of the time, but if you're in the market for an improved charging handle, the Raptor deserves a hard look even if you aren't thinking you want something ambidextrous.

Last edited by Quiet Riot; 11-08-13 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As always great video. 👍👍

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Very professional video! You sold me on the Raptor, and you just got a new subscriber to your channel.

Keep up the great work!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    Very professional video! You sold me on the Raptor, and you just got a new subscriber to your channel.

Keep up the great work!
    I agree, I'm ordering one too. All his videos are professional.

Feedback Score
    I have one and it is a fantastic piece. Works perfectly with an ambi AR.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C S Lewis

Feedback Score
    Agreed. Very good video!

I have ordered from Rainier Arms multiple times and love their service.

I have always used the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 and love it. And I have always eyeballed the Raptor but after seeing that very well done, informative video I am considering it. I really like the ease for press checks.

I know in the video it talks about the reliability of the design, but has anyone used both the BCM Gunfighter and the Raptor with heavy use and prefer one or the other? I know Rainier Arms makes great products but I am interested in hearing from others before I make the purchase.
    Last edited by blgjr64; 07-14-13 at 22:37.

Feedback Score
    "I wish I had other ambis to compare it to, but I do not." Rainier arms is a great company and their ambi CH is no exception. I was on the fence about getting one until these came out. http://www.lwrci.com/p-335-ambidextr...ng-handle.aspx

I just bought 2 of these and they are rock solid and work extremely well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blgjr64 View Post
    Agreed. Very good video!

I have ordered from Rainier Arms multiple times and love their service.

I have always used the BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 and love it. And I have always eyeballed the Raptor but after seeing that very well done, informative video I am considering it. I really like the ease for press checks.

I know in the video it talks about the reliability of the design, but has anyone used both the BCM Gunfighter and the Raptor with heavy use and prefer one or the other? I know Rainier Arms makes great products but I am interested in hearing from others before I make the purchase.
    That's my one criticism of the video. A comparison with another ambi charging handle would be nice.

I have one of the first run Raptors. it's been great but I haven't been torturing it. AXTS has put a few through a million + cycles with out failure. Also I believe the new charging handles are all aluminum. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

And to the folks looking to buy, go through Aim or AXTS. They have free shipping.

Feedback Score
    Great video! Very refreshing to see a video of reasonable length that isn't chuck full of "ummms" and "uhhhhhs". Very smooth, very informative, and very professional. Thank you!

Oh, and you also sold me on the Raptor.

Feedback Score

Re: Review: Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle

Thanks for a nicely done video, wish more YouTube reviews were of that quality.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast