Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I agree with everyone above that said it's a well-made and professional video. I appreciate the features that you pointed out, and you made me realize why I "need" a new CH. I thank you... and my wallet hates you.

PS... I don't personally see a $15 difference in the Raptor vs. the LWRC someone posted above.
    Next time you hear the word "FREE", try replacing it with "TAXPAYER-FUNDED".

"War is a terrible thing, but there are things much worse than war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free unless made and kept by the operation and sacrifice of better men than himself." -Col. Bruce E. Wallace

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The Raptor is hands down the best charging handle out there. It can't pinch you like a gunfighter, it won't break like putting a latch on a GI handle, your finger won't come loose of it like a PRI. It's like it's on ball bearings.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have an ambi BCM. Love it. The Raptor looks very solid too. Haven't had a chance to try out the Raptor.
    I'd love to see a 7.62 ambi charging handle. Not just for lefties. I'm a righty, and the long pull needed for the 7.62x51 action makes it a real bitch to pull back over the top when in the prone. An ambi would let you pull it palm up from the right. Hope that makes sense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    I have an ambi BCM. Love it. The Raptor looks very solid too. Haven't had a chance to try out the Raptor.
    I'd love to see a 7.62 ambi charging handle. Not just for lefties. I'm a righty, and the long pull needed for the 7.62x51 action makes it a real bitch to pull back over the top when in the prone. An ambi would let you pull it palm up from the right. Hope that makes sense.
    There's a 7.62 Raptor.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    They have a 308 Raptor if it ever gets back in stock. I've been waiting on one for my MWS.
    I have a couple of both the BCM-44 and the Raptor, I like them both, but if I had to pick one it would be the Raptor.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    suscribed as well! i really like the design of this handle! it has a nice bite on the latch to grab on to. thats why i have the gunfighter mod 3 handle, a nice big grab, but since i like to shoot lefty as well this is certainly a product to consider!!!

Feedback Score
    I got a Raptor last week and didn't get to shoot this weekend but ran some manipulations and it was smooth. I shoot rifles lefty and the Raptor and the Battle Arms ambi safety are a must.
    Good video.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Nice video review. Looks like I'll have to pick up the RA Raptor then.

Feedback Score
    I teach and train about 80% of the year. I had been using BCM GF Mod4's for a long time. DSG Arms turned me onto the Raptor and after using it for a few weeks I replaced all my GF's with the Raptors.

They are a little easier on the hands if you're not wearing any gloves. They run as well as the GF's and both are bullet proof designs which took every bit of pounding I could give them. I haven't had a problem with either design.

I am an ambi shooter and always run my guns left and right handed. The Raptor really turned my way of thinking about how much easier and more functional a left handed shooter I have become. I can operate the weapon just as easily left as right now and that thing is built like a tank.

I never got a chance to try out the BCM ambi but I am sure it'll be just as functionally sound as the rest of the GF line.

I'm sold on the Raptor and would be hard pressed to recommend or switch to another style of charging handle now. In fact I recommend it to all of my students and fellow swat officers regardless of being left or right handed. It would work just efficiently for either and will give you a lifetime of use.

I've ran one for better than a year in my city issued FA which is my full time duty and training rifle. The only issue I have seen with the Raptor vs. the GF is that the finish on the Raptor has worn quite a bit more than I would've expected. Not that its a major issue. It doesn't affect the functioning and reliability of the handle at all just the look. Other than that one thing it has been relatively flawless.

I'm not big on hanging everything and the kitchen sink on my guns. I keep them clean and everything I need; irons, optics, lights, lasers, run at 12 o'clock. I'm still old school and prefer fixed irons, M3/ML3's, and simple easy lights like the X300Ultra and the WML. I'm not big on picking up every new thing that hits the block and trying it out. I like the way I've always run my guns and I keep gear, equipment and weapons simple. Not that I couldn't run without it but if I have the choice the first chance I got I'll put a Raptor on every gun I own from now on out.
    Last edited by ROSS4712; 07-15-13 at 20:33.
    Your lowest form of training will be your highest performance in combat!

Feedback Score

Re: Review: Rainier Arms Raptor Ambidextrous Charging Handle

Thanks for a nicely done video, wish more YouTube reviews were of that quality.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast