Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Reports of DD SBR barrels being over-gassed?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wirides View Post
    Thanks for the response. I guess all I'm getting at is that it would be beneficial for those considering the dd to know real world accounts of how the gun ACTUALLY runs. For example, while overgassed, how does it ACTUALLY run unsupressed with 223 ammo?
    Read my comment above. We ran (2) Two DD Mk18 uppers recently through literally every common load out there by various manufacturers. Magazine after magazine, in one day each upper ate 400 rounds with zero issues. We shot Remington 223 loads, HSM 5.56 and 223, Federal, Lake City M855 and M193, PMC 223, American, and so on. I have an ammo can where I dump randoms. Its a mix of loose ends of 223 and 556 that I run for just up close drill or whatever, when I want to burn ammo without dipping into fresh or new boxes. This can supplied us over two days. So essentially the guns ran mixes and did just fine.

Feedback Score
    Sorry I missed your earlier post. That's interesting considering the overwhelming suggestion to the contrary. Did you happen to compare the h1 vs h2 for yourself to see if it made any difference or did you you just shoot one?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wirides View Post
    Thanks for the response. I guess all I'm getting at is that it would be beneficial for those considering the dd to know real world accounts of how the gun ACTUALLY runs. For example, while overgassed, how does it ACTUALLY run unsupressed with 223 ammo?
    Maybe you should go and see why I started this whole thread. My DD ran overgassed.

Feedback Score
    I read the entire thread, thank you.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Incase anyone cared... Daniel defense got back with me this am and said the M4A1 14.5 has a gas port of .067. FYI.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Incase anyone cared... Daniel defense got back with me this am and said the M4A1 14.5 has a gas port of .067. FYI.
    Yea, did they give you an exact bore measurement too? Because if they didn't, I'm stressing that you can not 1:1 compared that wih any other barrel.

99% certain that DD barrels have a tighter bore (plausible, they own the hammer forge) than most cut or button rifled milspec barrels.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Yea, did they give you an exact bore measurement too? Because if they didn't, I'm stressing that you can not 1:1 compared that wih any other barrel.

99% certain that DD barrels have a tighter bore (plausible, they own the hammer forge) than most cut or button rifled milspec barrels.
    I asked. The gentleman did not have that data on hand. He said, with time, he would get me the spec. I'll follow up in a few days.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Got my stamp back- DD MK18 factory sbr.
    -260 rds of various steel case, 55/62gr
    -300 rds of various brass M193 reman.

Ate it all... brass piled at 3-4o'clock.
    Very happy with accuracy shown so far using KAC micros/2moa Micro
    It will be a year before I come up with a can...for now its just lube and ammo. Kudos to Daniel Defense.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    Old thread, I know. I just wanted to post my observations with my 11.5" DD barrel.
    Robb at VA Arms installed the barrel/URXII and FH556-212 FH, and I wish I had asked him to measure the port.

My 11.5" will cycle and lock back on the last round with steel cased WPA/Brown bear/ and PMC bronze with no issues using an H3 buffer, Blue sprinco, and FA carrier. Thats without the 556-212 suppressor.
    The weak ammo ejects about 5 O'clock and 5.56 at 2 O'clock.

I will be getting an adjustable GB, and possibly a new barrel if I find the reason for my large POI shift with the can is due to the barrels threads.
    Last edited by saddlerocker; 03-11-17 at 13:22.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112