Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reports of DD SBR barrels being over-gassed?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If the gas port is larger than you'd like, a BRT CustomTune Gas Port can correct it.
    Last edited by Clint; 09-15-13 at 11:13.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I would be greatly looking forward to an adjustable block with a suppressed setting. I can't run the switchblock on my gun because of the NSR rail.
    Can't is an awfully strong word...

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=128947

You don't even need to cut as big of a hole for the switchblock.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=123287

Check out post #15. Good luck. Post pics when you're done!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Noodles, I think your getting wrapped around the axle. Over gassing does not generate more recoil. It can cause it to feel sharper, but the amount of free recoil remains the same.

You said Steve's rifle has a compensater. That makes a difference. So does ammo. Lighter bullets, less velocity, less powder make for less recoil. It could be Steve was getting rocked more with your carbine because he's not familiar with it. All in all, you don't have enough information to go on
    Last edited by MistWolf; 07-16-13 at 04:17.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    When I re-barreled this upper for KP I measured the gas port (12.5" barrel) and it was in the .07 range. Definitely not above .076. It's a DD barrel he purchased right when we built the upper. Either you've read misinformation or DD has changed their barrels to smaller gas ports than what you read.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=127449
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    OP,

I'm not sure as to where some of these gas port diameters are coming from but a DD 12.5" should be about 0.073. It is hard to pinpoint specific issues without first hand inspection and shooting it ourselves. If you need anything from us, give us a call and let me know. If you would like to speak to me, ask for Mozak and you'll get to my desk. Thanks for your business. We appreciate it.

Matt @ DD

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Have you measured the gas port?

What direction are cases ejecting?
    This and This!

I had an 11.5 Sabre that gathered dust for years. I never realized that SBRs don't have to suck balls to shoot until I fixed it with an insertable gas port.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BT6 View Post
    OP,

I'm not sure as to where some of these gas port diameters are coming from but a DD 12.5" should be about 0.073. It is hard to pinpoint specific issues without first hand inspection and shooting it ourselves. If you need anything from us, give us a call and let me know. If you would like to speak to me, ask for Mozak and you'll get to my desk. Thanks for your business. We appreciate it.

Matt @ DD
    And that falls in line with what I measured right above this post.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

My M16 has a DD 12.5 barrel. I am almost certain that it is a .076 gas port.
    I run an A5 -4 buffer with a GI rifle spring (Colt).
    Although I run this suppressed 98% of the time, it runs 100% suppressed and unsuppressed. I generally use XM193 but it will eat Wolf also. I know it's a little on the heavy side with the VIS 2A but it is a pussy cat as far as recoil.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I have a 12.5 DD and it is overgassed for sure. I'm using a H3 buffer right now. Felt recoil is greater than compared to my 10.5 and 16.5 middy.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    I have a 12.5 DD and it is overgassed for sure. I'm using a H3 buffer right now. Felt recoil is greater than compared to my 10.5 and 16.5 middy.
    Erroneous statement not based in fact...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast