Page 152 of 349 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3487

Thread: New BCM rail

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Another poster, Jerrysimons, posted earlier....

Just used the BCM KMR barrel nut wrench to install two castle nuts.
    Without a doubt this wrench is be best I have used for the job. The dimensions are perfect, no marring of the receiver extension threads when torqued (more than I can say for other wrench I have used) and it has a 1/2" drive for your torque wrench to easily tighten the nut the the 40ft/lbs spec.

Way to go BCM! What a great secondary benefit you built into the design.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I haven't read all the 70+ pages.
    But will BCM be coming out with a 11.5" ELW Fluted upper with a KMR 10"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Okay, sitrep.

For all of you who are having issues removing the red loctite (271) from BCM's gas blocks, I have your solution:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000DD1QS/..._26725410_item

See, loctite is in the cyanoacrylate family....the same family of adhesives as superglue. I just got done using the above listed superglue solvent to remove Loctite 272 (the red, HIGH TEMP version), which is more heat resistant than 271, using a shitty Harbor Freight hex wrench and NO HEAT.

Yes, you read that right, ZERO heat....and it wasn't even difficult to do using my hand. In fact, it required less hand strength to break the screws loose than did the Vibra-tite Blue med-strength threadlocker that I used on the mounting screws for my old RA Evo rail.

The recipe:

1) cut off a VERY tiny bit of the spout of the above listed bottle of Bob Smith 161 un-Cure. This stuff runs almost like ****in ALCOHOL....very little surface tension.

2) securely mount the barrel and gas block such that it is securely held upside down, with the screws facing up.

3) fill the two screw holes with a few drops of this stuff.

WARNING: this shit will melt things like....oh I dunno.... your TV remote and your wife's cell phone. F*ck me. Just don't get it on anything plastic.....AT ALL.

4) wait 4-5 minutes and you'll see the clear liquid turn red. Use a cue-tip and place the head of the tip into the screw cup (that's what she said) to absorb the now red liquid. Flip the cue-tip and sop-up the solvent out of the other hole.

5) re-fill the holes CAREFULLY and wait another 5 minutes. The liquid will be red again and repeat step 4.

6)after all the solvent is dried and gone, grab a hex wrench and start twisting. It shouldn't take too much force. If it does, repeat step 4 until the liquid has almost no color after 5 minutes of soaking.

7) voila. Your screws are loose. Welcome to the club!

I will file this information away for the right time. THANK YOU!

Feedback Score
    Handled one the other day. Best rail out there in my opnion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    If I didn't have a giessele MK1 I would pick this up. I think this rail is going to be one of the top tier offering for sure. I like the weight and I bet it feels great in hand. The price is also very appealing. GA might be in some trouble with the rail market now. The GA rails were all that and a bag of chips before the KMR.
    I would imagine that the BCM KMR will steal more market share from Noveske's NSR than from Geissele's SMR line. I just received my BCM 16" LW w/ 13" KMR upper and overall feel is far more similar to my Noveske NSR than my Geissele Mk 1. I haven't installed a KMR yet, but it looks like it will be a simpler process when compared to the NSR. Combine that with all the other features the KMR brings to the table (superior anti-rotation method, keymod slots on the 45s, etc.), and Bravo Company has a product that sets the bar pretty high.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFWIC2 View Post
    I asked that question two pages back, and this is the reply I received:

"Yep later on. Perhaps summer? I cannot recall exact time frame. It was stated a few pages back."

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFWIC2 View Post
    Yes.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    That looks very similiar to what happens with Vltor VIS and MUR uppers. I wonder if it is the same finish?
    not my VLTOR stuff. the MUR is an anodized upper and I've never seen anodizing flake and chip off like that....
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    More uppers with KMR's installed in stock!
    http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...IDELWF-13-MOD1
    C4
    Awesome, sure paid off having to wait for my tax return before ordering. Just placed an order for the fluted.
    Last edited by tonyxcom; 02-27-14 at 18:28.

Page 152 of 349 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast