Page 3 of 349 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New BCM rail

Feedback Score
    woah, I'm not too worried about this thread going downhill. I was just stating that the things I could see BCM offering over an NSR is lighter (don't really see how), skinnier, keymod all the way around and less expensive. People don't buy BCM anything to put on their olympic arms guns.

BCM puts things out at insanely low prices so if anyone could produce a rail on par with/better than the NSR at a cheaper price, bcm could.

Btw not everyone gets tons of gear for free stick :-).

While your here, what are your thoughts on the new Parallax Rail? I held one at a local store and was extremely impressed with it. Though surprised i had never heard of it. Saw you took some pictures of it so I was just curious on your impressions, seeing as how you've held more lightwieght rails than a catholic priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I agree, we should totally throw out any quality so we can keep the rail as cheap as possible. Heaven forbid the rail be over $200 so the bottom feeders can pretend they will buy it.
    I'm tired of people cheerleading for the cheapest prices while demanding top of the line products.
    KeyMod is less expensive to manufacture than a typical 1913 rail of the same length / diameter / material. The caveat to this is receiver attachment device / method.

As for quality, BCM makes top-shelf kit, the KeyMod they are finalizing is no exception.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    woah, I'm not too worried about this thread going downhill. I was just stating that the things I could see BCM offering over an NSR is lighter (don't really see how), skinnier, keymod all the way around and less expensive. People don't buy BCM anything to put on their olympic arms guns.

BCM puts things out at insanely low prices so if anyone could produce a rail on par with/better than the NSR at a cheaper price, bcm could.

Btw not everyone gets tons of gear for free stick :-).

While your here, what are your thoughts on the new Parallax Rail? I held one at a local store and was extremely impressed with it. Though surprised i had never heard of it. Saw you took some pictures of it so I was just curious on your impressions, seeing as how you've held more lightwieght rails than a catholic priest.
    You'll have to excuse Stick. He texted that he ran out of Scotch yesterday and he's been on a spinner ever since, guess he hasn't replenished

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by richdkim77 View Post
    You'll have to excuse Stick. He texted that he ran out of Scotch yesterday and he's been on a spinner ever since, guess he hasn't replenished

Lol, hope you are doing well. Wait until you get my next text...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post

Btw not everyone gets tons of gear for free.

Wait, are you serious?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Wait, are you serious?
    Seriously. Everyone knows they pay you to take their stuff. . The nerve of some people

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I noticed in a pic on another site what looked like anti-rotation tabs, which is a very nice feature if it makes to final production. Look forward to more details as they trickle out.

Stick, there is no arguing with people that want to buy the wrong gear at the "right" price. Fortunately, I think that crowd is in the minority here.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: New BCM rail

Every time a new product is talked about it is the price or delivery date that people start bitching about.
    My thoughts exactly. The same crap happened in the Centurion CMR thread. Let the manufacturer set their prices and you can vote with your wallet.

I'm looking forward to seeing more information on the BCM keymod rail. The mounting points on the 45's really intrigue me. Depending on the barrel nut design, I may have found a keymod rail that actually interests me.

Does anyone know if there are other designs available currently with the 45 degree mounting points? The KAC & BCM prototypes are the only ones I've seen so far.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Mega Arms MKM... They will have the 45 degree keymods. 5.56 version is rumored to be out soon.
    Last edited by richdkim77; 07-22-13 at 16:11.

Feedback Score
    FYI

LAV just posted the best pic of it so far on his facebook page. Also mentioned it's an aluminum/magnesium blend that is extremely lightweight.

You can see the anti rotation tabs (score). However, the method of attachment to the barrel nut is new to me. I don't know what i'm looking at. Maybe someone who knows more about proprietary barrel nuts/ff rails could shed some light. (I see a single screw up so high it looks like it should be hitting the gas tube.)Certainly looks nothing like centurian, NSR, or troy methods that i've seen.

Edit to add: I would post the pic or a link to it here, but I dont think that is kosher.
    Last edited by NeoNeanderthal; 07-23-13 at 13:12.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Page 3 of 349 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast