Thread: spot check peel washer install

Feedback Score

spot check peel washer install

First time installing a peel washer. I think I heated it up too fast and when it cooled a lot of layers split at once. Tried to make due but the result is fugly.

Won't be able to get out to the range until Saturday to verify. Should this be redone before then with a fresh peel washer? IOW is this a botched install or will it be fine?

Thanks.

peelwasher.jpg

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    Why'd you use a peel washer behind an A2?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If it's timed right, don;t worry about it. When installing a peel washer, I torqued the muzzle device too tight and the peel washer I was using delaminated. It was a mess. I just kept putting the layers on until I had the fit needed. When I swapped out muzzle devices later, I replaced the peel washer with shims. Won;t ever use peel washers or crush washers again.

You don't have to heat a peel washer to removed a layer. Just use the edge of a razor to get it started
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Peel washer work great to time a muzzle device.
    The trick is not to remove to many layers as you want the peel washer as one unit and not multiple layers.

Feedback Score
    I used one on a friends rifle, peeled with a razor. It still fell apart and I just stacked the layers, but a couple are sticking out a little and are SHARP.