Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    These HK mags don't drop free. I tried about 10 different manufactured lowers. The only receiver that it would was a Mag Tactical Systems magnesium lower.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    These HK mags don't drop free. I tried about 10 different manufactured lowers. The only receiver that it would was a Mag Tactical Systems magnesium lower.
    I'm not calling BS on your post but they literally fly out of all 6 of my rifles. On my Colt, I can hold the rifle 90 degrees and hit the mag release and it will pop out under the spring tension on the closed bolt.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    They drop free fine out of my MR556, Colt, and LMT lowers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guess I might have over inserted them into the lowers. (No upper installed).
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I tried my out of spec junk Noveske lower, and my Daniel Defense lower. It shot out in a fashion that even Peter North would nod approvingly of.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    LMT, two Colts, and a stag lower all eject the mags fine here.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Doing my own tests on the new HK mags vs. Gen 3 PMAG's, I have frozen them to 20*F (what my cheap freezer gets to, apparently). 6' drops onto concrete directly onto feed-lips. Fully loaded to 30 rounds with XTAC M193:

Drop #1:

PMAG lost 1 round. No visible damage save LIGHT scuffing.

HK lost 0. Scuffing on feed-lips.

Lancer L5 AWM lost 0 rounds, but the feed-lips bowed out and 2 rounds presented, jammed, both in the "top" position. Pressing hard with a thump returned the round stack to normal.

both landed squarely on the feed-lips. It sounded brutal. Back in the freezer they went and were later dropped again.

Drop #2:
    PMAG lost 5 rounds and split down the right rear corner roughly 1.5" in length and would no-longer accept any of those 5 rounds back. When I unloaded it, the lip on the right side spread and it spit out a round on the right every time I stripped one by hand from the left.

The HK mag lost 0 rounds and just looked a bit more scuffed.

Lancer L5 AWM repeated its performance from drop #1, but the right feed-lip toward the rear bent in, and the bowing of the feed-lip "insert" continued. After re-seating the mag stack, it did feed the top round in the stack when the bolt-release was depressed. It could be felt pressing against the inside of the mag well upon insertion into the weapon. I feel that it would have "run", but maybe not the best and statistically could have had some failures. I did no live-fire testing.

The PMAG is a paperweight, now.

Drops 3 and 4 were done only with the HK mag. It lost 1 round each drop. It appears scuffed but fine. To preserve the cold temperature of the test, only 2 drops were performed back-to-back on any one mag before placing it back in the freezer. Time from freezer to concrete was <30 seconds for the first drop.
    Last edited by WS6; 08-09-13 at 07:54.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Only because a buddy gave me one.
    I wish I had the buddies like you, let alone the sheer number of them!😜
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Always important to test under those realistic circumstances where a reload is required on a upper-less gun.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used them in 3 ARs and a Tavor---dropped free in all.

I showed it in the review I did below.

H&K Translucent Magazine Test & Review Video Link

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast