Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Nice video, Thanks.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I received my mags today. My initial impressions are:
    1.) Wider at the bottom than I expected but I don't think they are too wide to not fit in mag pouches.
    2.) Not as "clear" as the Lancer AWM mags.
    3.) There is a nice anti tilt groove all the way down the center front of the mag for the follower to ride on.
    4.) They seat much nicer than the Lancers on an open bolt.
    5.) On a closed bolt, the top round stays where it belongs. What I mean by this, is on the Lancers, the top round will "float" nose left, over the second round causing the mag to tighten up in the mag well and making it hard to remove the mag from the gun. You either have to charge the weapon or push the mag release super hard with your thumb to release the mag. This makes it quite uncomfortable to do a tactical reload. I'll try to get a picture of what I am talking about.
    I am going to use these mags tomorrow and run a few rounds on full auto to see how they perform. I am expecting these to be boring trouble free mags, as this is my impression as I look at them....

LANCER AWM magazine.......

Notice the front corners in the H&K mag that prevents this from occurring......

Last edited by CoryCop25; 07-30-13 at 16:08.
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    The only way I have ever seen Lancers do that is if you a really slow charge. I run Lancers wxclusively and have never had this happen in any practical way outside of purposeful means.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    The only way I have ever seen Lancers do that is if you a really slow charge. I run Lancers wxclusively and have never had this happen in any practical way outside of purposeful means.
    I have 10 Lancers and they will do that to me even if I have my rifle curser safe in my car and take it out on my days off. I purchased all 10 of the Lancer mags just about the same week that they were released.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I have 10 Lancers and they will do that to me even if I have my rifle curser safe in my car and take it out on my days off. I purchased all 10 of the Lancer mags just about the same week that they were released.
    Ahhh, that is why. The original awm's had a few issues that have since been fixed.

A few included the original drain hole would make the mag suck sand in and cause it to bind up.

The little feed ramps at the front were to squared and would cause FTF's.

And your issues.

All were fixed a while ago. Every Lancer I have was post fix and do none of those things. I bet if you contacted them, they may just replace them since they are the first gen AWM's.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 07-30-13 at 16:39.
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    Ahhh, that is why. The original awm's had a few issues that have since been fixed.

A few included the original drain hole would make the mag suck sand in and cause it to bind up.

The little feed ramps at the front were to squared and would cause FTF's.

And your issues.

All were fixed a while ago. Every Lancer I have was post fix and do none of those things. I bet if you contacted them, they may just replace them since they are the first gen AWM's.
    Yeah, none of mine have drain holes...

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Yeah, none of mine have drain holes...
    Drain hole model didnt last long. Though I believe it can still be purchased if you specifically ask for it for a maritime thing.

Yours were still the first or second batch. I would bet you have one of the troublesome bunch.

Feedback Score
    I ran the HK magazine I tested in the video through my 10.4" HK416 upper/KAC SR15 SBR lower combination yesterday. I ran about 140 rounds through it in total, about 70 unsuppressed, and about 70 suppressed with my KAC NT4, running the factory SR15 SBR buffer.

I had no issues or problems with feeding, ejection, bolt hold open, cycling, etc.

My feed lips are still scratched up from dropping it on the black top a couple times, but didn't cause any issues.

Feedback Score
    Sometimes I hate living in Norway (and I dislike ITAR at the moment).

Retail price for these mags in Norway is 75 bucks a piece....FML.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Hopefully the spring is better than the SA80 mags. At least they seem dirable although expensive when I can get Lancers and Magpuls for $13 each.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast