Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Mine have worked fine through a couple days of training except for being hard to lock in sometimes with my various pre-ban (old) lowers. I don't have this issue with USGI or any Magpul so this alone relegates them to the mag that sits in the gun or training.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 12-07-13 at 17:26.

Feedback Score
    I've got a dozen of these. Bought them primarily for my HK MR556, but they also work awesome in my Colt LE6920.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by avengd7x View Post
    has anyone tried running 5.45 through these mags?
    Second that. Someone please try to run some 5.45 in these and report back. Thanks.

O

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Makes me laugh that Hk said they wouldn't put a window on the mp5 mags because why would you show your enemy how much ammo you have and now they made a glass house of a mag for sale.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    Makes me laugh that Hk said they wouldn't put a window on the mp5 mags because why would you show your enemy how much ammo you have and now they made a glass house of a mag for sale.
    That has to do with Doctrine...Mp5's were primarily boarder guard weapons of choice then and they were marketed as such...

Feedback Score
    I got a few of these for free a while back. Tossed me around, kicked one across a parking lot for a while to see if, with the weight of ammo, dropping free would do any damage. Nothing really besides cosmetic damage. I've run about 600rds at different rates and was pleasently surprised. No issues at all, follower doesn't have any real way to get fouled up.

I've heard some say they wouldn't use a mag that showed the bad guys if I was low on ammo. That's their choice, but a few things to remember; Fully loaded, you can only see the lower 10 (rough guess, haven't really counted) rounds, so what appears to be an empty mag may not be. And I personally don't intend to "trick" anyone into thinking I have ammo...I either have it or I am getting it. Anyone close enough to see, who intends to do me harm, will probably do so anyway. And if I'm dry, I've got a Glock....you get where I'm going with that. It doesn't really hinder, or benefit, the end user as far as I can tell. It is what it is. Most likely they'll get the spray can soon anyway.

They are slightly more difficult to insert into the mag well than P-Mags. The difficulty is caused by the robust built, which is designed to fill the well. While a standard aluminum mag is more narrow, which allows you to guide the mag in even if you start at an angle, these are inserted in a more direct "straight up" movement. On the plus side, they drop free just fine, loaded or empty.

Overall, I'd use them without hesitation. I keep one in my "GetUpNGo" rifle, which goes from my truck bed, to behind the seat in the cab, and back to the closet on a daily basis. The robust design prevents debris from finding its way into the mag well (dust, dirt, snow, leaves, what such) better than any other mag I own. These aren't going to be in the pouches I reach for in an "oh shit" reload. In any gunfight I've been in, less than one out of five (probably more like one in twenty) reloads are done speed-reload style. Light, durable, less prone to foreign clutter, there's a place for these on any shooter's rig. Somewhere in the pouches you don't immediately reach for mid-fight.

Feedback Score
    Rather than one long post, adding this as a side note.

If anyone uses AK chest rigs for their AR/M4, these are the tits. Less wiggle in the pouches, easier to index if they sit lower. When donning/removing the rig, which can cause the mags to bang into each other, you don't get the "clang" of aluminum mags.

I say this because I find the old AK rigs to be worth considering, others have learned of their versatility as well. If looking for a use for some of these mags, give it a try.

I've seen them recently for $15, with a buy-two-get-one deal. Next time I add more polymer mags to my bucket, it'll be HK over Magpul. Now...if they have 20rd mags for 7.62...will they fit in an LMT?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    Most of the rounds went through a Colt M4 and an LMT.
    Thanks.

Looks like they work fine in quality ARs (Colt, DD, LMT, KAC) then. That is good news.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    Thanks.

Looks like they work fine in quality ARs (Colt, DD, LMT, KAC) then. That is good news.
    Yes it is. Hopefully they perform long-term better than some of my SL8 single-stack 10 rd mags, 6 out of 10 of which tended to develop feed lip cracks inside the polymer over time, even though they never sat in a loaded condition.

Now that I think about it, it's probably related to the geometry of those mags, being single stack they have to be loaded like a pistol mag. Puts a lot of leverage on that top lip.

I hate to admit it but I find myself going full circle back to my Colt aluminum 30's more and more lately. They seem to zip right in and positively fly out on a reload. Maybe related to nostalgia for the 20" HBAR I shot back in the 80's.

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)
    [QUOTE=SOW_0331;

I've seen them recently for $15, with a buy-two-get-one deal. Next time I add more polymer mags to my bucket, it'll be HK over Magpul. Now...if they have 20rd mags for 7.62...will they fit in an LMT?[/QUOTE]

Where did you see this deal?

Thanks
    Amur

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast