Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Ran mine through Pat's TAPS class. Still no issues.

C4
    How would you say they are faring compared to the ubiquitous PMAG? Notice any difference, or one just has HK stamped on it and looks different?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How would you say they are faring compared to the ubiquitous PMAG? Notice any difference, or one just has HK stamped on it and looks different?
    I have issues with PMAG's either not dropping free in two lowers or SLOWLY releasing. The HK one comes out much faster (like Alum. mags).

C4

Feedback Score
    Has anyone had a chance to put these mags through their paces? I'm interested in these over Pmags.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I have issues with PMAG's either not dropping free in two lowers or SLOWLY releasing. The HK one comes out much faster (like Alum. mags).

C4
    I, too, have had issues with pmags, but like how solid these look, and the ease with which they release.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7.62NATO View Post
    Has anyone had a chance to put these mags through their paces? I'm interested in these over Pmags.
    Yep, been running them through classes with no issues.

C4

Feedback Score
    I know one guy who managed to break feed lips on 2 or 3 of those mags, apparently by just shooting them (and not much of this as well). How he managed it? I do not know. Maybe he is unlucky. I have no problem with mine and all other guys who have them did not report any problems as were (HK and their distributor here (Cenrex) gave several mags as give away for guys who compete with HK on our local 3Gun matches called Liga Sportera).

Anyway, those mags (as any other) can break. I just inspect rear part near feed lips on "spine" top for cracks and so far did no see any. I use them almost exclusively for training and or matches for last 2 years with zero problems. Also no problems with shooting supported on mags.

One thing that I noticed: you can over insert those mags (at least I was able to do that in my old HK, in new model with feed lips support in upper I was not able to do that) if you slam them really hard on open bolt. However in all cases small and not strong tug was all that was needed to put them in place. I specifically tested it and managed to do that only on test by banging on seated magazine bottom. It did not happen to me on training or during match and I do plenty of bolt open reloads "on timer".
    Last edited by montrala; 08-18-15 at 11:44.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have put close to 500 rounds (yes lower than some of you heavy shooters) through mine during training. I have not experienced any issues. They drop free in my KAC, Colt, and Aero lowers.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324