Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    Cuz hk's last ar mags works so well...
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    Cuz hk's last ar mags works so well...
    Doesn't have to work good....

Just has to say HK on the side, and the hipster homos will whip out that credix card.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    So Lancer L5AWM at $15-18.

Magpul Gen 3 at $12-15.

H&K Wunderkunststoffmagazin, untested, untried, brand new to the market...$20.

Something special about these that folks are jumping at them or is it just fan boy hype because it's marked "H&K?"
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Something special about these that folks are jumping at them or is it just fan boy hype because it's marked "H&K?"
    This. Now I have to start making fun of those who buy this stupid thing.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This. Now I have to start making fun of those who buy this stupid thing.

No more making fun of me for buying E-Landers now!
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I never had any problem with HK SA80 mags. I had only 4 of them, but those mags were used most of the time. When I sold them together with my previous HK each mag probably had accumulated 3000 rounds of use. I know that they still work good for new owner (he does shooting event and teach shooting). Anyway, out of pure curiosity I tried P-Mag spring in my remaining HK mag - works.

Also our HSLD guys that use them in their 10.4" 416s have complaints only about their mass, not about reliability and durability (while they have all sort of things against 416, real or made up - "grass is greener" you know - in fact only real problem with their 416s is that those are old and beat up, they should get new ones 3 years ago, but brass assume small arms to be good for 30 years of use....).

BTW Maybe this mag problems are due to transport over the pond? Bermuda Triangle or something? Because here I had and seen all kind of problems with P-Mags and E-Mags, that supposedly work fine in US. Also guys from mentioned unit dumped use of Magpul mags.
    Last edited by montrala; 07-22-13 at 15:21.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    With the existance of tried and trusted Lancers and Pmags, a new mag entering the market should either do something magical or be cheaper than the competition. These accomplish neither. There's only one reason anyone would possible buy these, and it's the logo on the side. And they'll sell them by the truckload.

Should be entertaining to hear people try to justify buying them though.
    Director of Business Development - Unity Tactical, LLC - Design and Validation for the tactical community.
    www.unitytactical.com / www.facebook.com/unitytacticalllc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    So Lancer L5AWM at $15-18.

Magpul Gen 3 at $12-15.

H&K Wunderkunststoffmagazin, untested, untried, brand new to the market...$20.

$20 is a lot easier to swallow than the $60 H&K Special Ops Maritime "High Reliability" mags.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedRacer View Post
    With the existance of tried and trusted Lancers and Pmags, a new mag entering the market should either do something magical or be cheaper than the competition. These accomplish neither.
    Actually this mag shows something "magical", that neither Magpul or Lancer managed to do. This "magic" is whole polymer, translucent AR-15 mag.

Of course if this "magic" works is yet to be proven, but HK developed this mag for several years. At least twice they canceled market release when mag was already on catalogue, because they were not happy with test results (this they told me almost year ago in Oberndorf, when I asked when it will finally go to the market). They did their homework. Adding HKs big experience in using polymers in firearms (and making polymer mags), it is really promising. Keep in mind that this mag in firs place was developed to answer request from military users and is made to meed military requirements.

Of course if someone do not want all polymer body, or translucent body, this "magic" is completely irrelevant.

As to price. Come on, nobody expected HK mag to be cheaper than Magpul. But with all import cost and German manufacturing costs? It is really surprise that it is not 2-3x more expensive!
    Last edited by montrala; 07-22-13 at 16:09.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HK lost a lot with me when I saw how they enjoy pimping their name and asking $400+ for what looked like a $150 Chote stock,never mind the time I spent with a 93 clone and trying to source reasonable priced parts for it!

I've never seen a clear mag that felt "right" yet,the smoke yellow/brown ones there's been a few that are good...all the clear ones felt like toys or belonged on an airgun.
    "That which is dead can eternal lie,and with strange aeons even death may die"~Lovecraft

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast