Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNeanderthal View Post
    Cuz hk's last ar mags works so well...
    Never had any major issues with mine, and I still have 4 of the original 7 I was issued 5 years ago. Lost or replaced the others.

Not saying that they never have issues, just not very prone in my experience. The biggest drawback is the weight and the slight increase in dimensions compared to a standard AR mag.

And these new mags are not "untested", our military has tested them to see if they are suitable for general issue. I am out now, and haven't heard anything regarding any results.

It is a shame that a thread informing people of a new release of a product has to end up a bash-fest. GD-level on some of the commentary here.
    Last edited by Arctic1; 07-22-13 at 16:12.
    It's not about surviving, it's about winning!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zirkdog View Post
    $20 is a lot easier to swallow than the $60 H&K Special Ops Maritime "High Reliability" mags.
    Hey, I'll give you that and these things might be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

As stated before in other threads, I'm all about manufacturers innovating and getting good quality parts to market. Nothing wrong with something new coming out and even being slightly expensive at the start since businesses need to recoup R&D costs and whatnot.

But to be competitive in the market, they have to be as reliable as the competition (which predominately is Magpul in the US market) or do something the competition doesn't do (like the steel feed lips on the Lancers) and priced either close to or even cheaper if they can pull it off. Sure, fans will initially buy them by the truckload since it has the H&K name on the side and they tend to put out quality. But for average Joe six pack looking at mags in his LGS, he looks at Magpul at $12 and an H&K mag at $20...which one is he going to buy?

I'll probably grab one to try here eventually as I do with many mags, but probably waiting on prices to drop slightly and the initial rush of "OMG! OMG! OMG! German made goodness! Shut up and take my money!" folks grabbing everything in stock. It looks to be well thought out design and I know H&K builds quality. But again, price point is the only hinging factor right now.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    So Lancer L5AWM at $15-18.

Magpul Gen 3 at $12-15.

H&K Wunderkunststoffmagazin, untested, untried, brand new to the market...$20.

Something special about these that folks are jumping at them or is it just fan boy hype because it's marked "H&K?"
    There's been an inquiry on our side of the fence about where to get Lancers below $19.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    There's been an inquiry on our side of the fence about where to get Lancers below $19.
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...anufacturer=75

ETA: Just the opaque and FDE versions. Translucent are still at $19
    Last edited by Grand58742; 07-22-13 at 17:02.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I keep saying Magpul needs to come out with a clear P-mag.

Interested to see if these work.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score

You made ETA just in time to prevent me from smart-ass comment

BTW I do like L5AWM mags and use them most of the time. But is it me, or they generally spill out rounds when seated with force on open bolt?
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I have way more mags than I need, but I might grab a few of the HKs just to give them a go. Other than aesthetics, I don't assume they'll function any more or less reliable than any mag I currently have in my inventory. I prefer the Lancer hybrid mags.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Copy that; I knew some of the discontinued ones are going for cheap.

IF in fact you ARE serious about trying the HK mags, now would be the time to buy as IF they don't suck, the price will only increase. And if they do tank, they'll drop a little WAY down the line (like the steel HK mags)...but who cares at that point, right?

If it's a winner, great. If it's a loser, it can go in the case of original maritime HK mags to be sold 30 years down the road for a premium. Even if it's junk, nothing holds/appreciates in value like HK

Throw the fanboy flag all you want, but HK people know not to sit on ass when it comes to HK. Case in point: MR556 pricing...never has nor never will return to introductory MSRP.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 07-22-13 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ordered 5.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    People are saying these are too expensive because they are $1-5 more expensive than the competition? Seriously?

I'll definitely pay $1-$2 more for the HK mags than the Lancers. My sample of five Lancer AWMs were less than stellar, with one producing a doublefeed and another having a round hang up on the feedramp within 60-rds through them. So, personally, I do not hold Lancer AWMs as the paragon of all that is excellent in magazines.

Time will tell, but HK has a history of making stuff that works. HK417 mags work, G36 mags work, and even the much maligned HK steel High Reliability mags worked in the rifle they were originally designed for, the SA80. HK appears to have waited to release these until they got them right, and specifically designed them for the HK416/M4 family of weapons, so I'll take the risk. Especially at $20!
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 07-22-13 at 20:56.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast