Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HK translucent polymer magazines

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

HK translucent polymer magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    So Lancer L5AWM at $15-18.

Magpul Gen 3 at $12-15.

H&K Wunderkunststoffmagazin, untested, untried, brand new to the market...$20.
    To be fair, the windowed M3 is more like $17-18.

-john

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post

BTW I do like L5AWM mags and use them most of the time. But is it me, or they generally spill out rounds when seated with force on open bolt?
    Funny you say that. Slapping the bottom of a loaded mag as a field expedient test to ensure the feedlips retain the rounds was taught by one of the SMEs from this board in his carbine course. All 5 of the Lancer AWMs I had failed miserably.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    Funny you say that. Slapping the bottom of a loaded mag as a field expedient test to ensure the feedlips retain the rounds was taught by one of the SMEs from this board in his carbine course. All 5 of the Lancer AWMs I had failed miserably.
    Interesting. I haven't experienced that at all. Bad batch maybe? I'll have to watch for that.

Edit: I'll run that test later this evening and see what happens.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 07-22-13 at 21:33.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    You guys and your boutique magazines
    It's all relative:
    http://www.44mag.com/product/colt_30_ar15_magazine/colt

Hey, quick show of hands, who here has Surefire mags?
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 07-23-13 at 00:18.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    You made ETA just in time to prevent me from smart-ass comment

BTW I do like L5AWM mags and use them most of the time. But is it me, or they generally spill out rounds when seated with force on open bolt?
    No, Its not you. They puke em out like a prom queen after a night out with the football team.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    It's all relative:
    http://www.44mag.com/product/colt_30_ar15_magazine/colt

Hey, quick show of hands, who here has Surefire mags?
    You could just buy the non colt marked ones for 13.99.

Feedback Score
    I've never had an issue with my maritime HK mags, but assuming that there were some issues with the maritime mags (real or perceived), HK still has a long history of making mags including the G3 mags in 5, 10, 20 round capacity. HK53/93 mags 30 round capacity, and of course the ubiquitous 9mm MP5 mags in 15 and 30 as well as polymer mags in 9mm, 40/10mm, and 45 ACP as well as the G36 magazine and single stack SL8 magazine. The breadth of pistol magazines is even wider.

Some of these posts that assume we're buying these mags because we're fanboys (used derisively), seem to be ignorant of the fact that HK has a long history of producing quality items, including magazines.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    I've never had an issue with my maritime HK mags, but assuming that there were some issues with the maritime mags (real or perceived), HK still has a long history of making mags including the G3 mags in 5, 10, 20 round capacity. HK53/93 mags 30 round capacity, and of course the ubiquitous 9mm MP5 mags in 15 and 30 as well as polymer mags in 9mm, 40/10mm, and 45 ACP as well as the G36 magazine and single stack SL8 magazine. The breadth of pistol magazines is even wider.

Some of these posts that assume we're buying these mags because we're fanboys (used derisively), seem to be ignorant of the fact that HK has a long history of producing quality items, including magazines.
    Even those issued g36's don't use hk mags, was the counterpoint a Ranger brought up to me when I linked him to these.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Even those issued g36's don't use hk mags, was the counterpoint a Ranger brought up to me when I linked him to these.
    Most G36 users do not like those mags because of form factor (bulky and with connecting tabs), not because of any reliability or durability problems. But even HK can see the light:

G36 mag without tabs:

G36 mag without tabs and rim (slim line version):

For those still not happy HK has this:

(however Spuhr version looks nicer)
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast