Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beretta 1301?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    Nice! The price point on these seems to hover around $1,000 or so (+/- $100).
    Did you put a Nordic extension on? If so, 9 or 8?
    I put a Briley +6 on it. So I can get 11. The Briley tube is STOUT! Even though extends well beyond my extended choke, I don't use a barrel clamp.

Any update? I got to handle one of these in person the other day and really liked it. I wanted to see if I could fire the 4 shots in a second they claim, but the gal behind the gun counter said I couldn't do that...
    I timed myself with it at the end of tonight's range session. Splits were pretty consistent, around .16-.18. So 4 shots in a second is no sweat. My trigger timing was probably the slow factor too. I cannot out run the gun. So I'm not sure how fast it is capable of going.... yet. Ammo used was Winchester AA127, Light Target.
    Last edited by Jonny4523; 07-19-14 at 23:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny4523 View Post
    I put a Briley +6 on it. So I can get 11. The Briley tube is STOUT! Even though extends well beyond my extended choke, I don't use a barrel clamp.

I timed myself with it at the end of tonight's range session. Splits were pretty consistent, around .16-.18. So 4 shots in a second is no sweat. My trigger timing was probably the slow factor too. I cannot out run the gun. So I'm not sure how fast it is capable of going.... yet. Ammo used was Winchester AA127, Light Target.
    I've been debating one of these for a while now. Initially wanted the Versa Max as I have sick fondness for the Big Green. However, once I handled the Beretta in the store all I needed was some good feedback. It will be a utility tool for me and if I ever compete it will be for fun so I think the 1301 Comp is going to find a home in my arsenal soon. Thanks for the feedback.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've been debating one of these for a while now. Initially wanted the Versa Max as I have sick fondness for the Big Green. However, once I handled the Beretta in the store all I needed was some good feedback. It will be a utility tool for me and if I ever compete it will be for fun so I think the 1301 Comp is going to find a home in my arsenal soon. Thanks for the feedback.
    If you haven't already, take a look at the link to the BrianEnos forum. You'll probably learn everything you need to know about it in that particular thread. The 1301 does have a few short comings, but they are easily fixed (some locktite on the bolt release screw).

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Don't know if you're in to videos or not, but I had a 3 gun match yesterday that was heavy shotgun. I took 1st in Tac Ops. If I had shot this with my old Benelli, I would not have done nearly as well as I would have been guaranteed a handful of issues. The Beretta ran like a dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZPrK-gI4-0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123