Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If price wasn't a factor, what ammo would you be shooting?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

If price wasn't a factor, what ammo would you be shooting?

I recently purchased my first AR and have been testing out a few different types of plinking ammo to see what my gun likes the best. Lucky for me, it seems to like everything. I would like to test some 'high quality' rounds to see the difference compared to the cheap stuff. I just purchased some Black Hills MK 262 Mod 1 OTM and am excited to test these out. Are there any of brands or specific rounds that would be recommended?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Re: If price wasn't a factor, what ammo would you be shooting?

Federal Gold Medal Match.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Since you specified "plinking", then I'd be shooting the same reloads I shoot now. I don't see the point in sending more of my money down the barrel to punch a hole in paper or a tin can when what I have now works fine.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFingers View Post
    Since you specified "plinking", then I'd be shooting the same reloads I shoot now. I don't see the point in sending more of my money down the barrel to punch a hole in paper or a tin can when what I have now works fine.
    Sorry if my post was confusing. I'm not looking for 'high quality' ammo for plinking, I just want to test out a box or two. When I go out and shoot targets for fun I'm going to continue using the cheapest brass round I can find.

Feedback Score
    Black hills mk262? I've got a 1/7 twist so id love to shoot 70+ grains all day to see if i can see a big difference but i cant afford it.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score

if $ was not an issue?

I would find a way to get the 5.56, "Optimized" "Brown Tip" that we hear about. If that didn't pan out I would buy barrels full of Stan Chen Custom's ASYM 70g Barnes TSX ammo.

Would be nice to practice, train, plink and fight if necessary, with the same ammo.
    Last edited by rocsteady; 07-23-13 at 13:55.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    68g and 80g Federal Gold Medal Match

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtM4Carbine View Post
    Black Hills MK 262 Mod 1 OTM
    This.

Dan
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Federal Gold Medal Match.
    No doubt about that.

If I struck it rich, I'd buy that for 308 and 223 by the pallet and never look back.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Someday, I hope to arrive at the point that I can simply order a single sku of premium defensive/duty/hunting ammo to shoot for each caliber, for all purposes.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast