Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Geissele Developing Trigger for TAVOR

Feedback Score
    I stumbled on this thread and am surprised they are willing to tackle this. The first time I handled the Tavor I was absolutely ASTONISHED how crappy the trigger was! The BUIS looked very flimsy too but thats not nearly as much an issue as the horrendous trigger. What were they thinking? I hope the real deal select fire version is much better and that the "FAIL" came when they changed to the required semi-auto. Anyone handled the select fire version?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall_Ninja View Post
    I stumbled on this thread and am surprised they are willing to tackle this. The first time I handled the Tavor I was absolutely ASTONISHED how crappy the trigger was! The BUIS looked very flimsy too but thats not nearly as much an issue as the horrendous trigger. What were they thinking? I hope the real deal select fire version is much better and that the "FAIL" came when they changed to the required semi-auto. Anyone handled the select fire version?
    You sure it wasn't an airsoft knock-off or something? My BUIS are more sturdy than any of the MBUS on any of my rifles and those have served their purpose just fine for years. If you're saying the BUIS on these is flimsy you're nit picking and I personally disagree with the nit you've picked in this case. I can't argue with the trigger other than to ask if you've ever felt a standard GI trigger in an AR15 because it's not that much better than this one. Especially if you pull the one spring it's pretty damn close to the same with a slightly different feel to the travel. I've been competing in long-range precision competitions for years so I'm well aware of what a good trigger feels like and I don't put as much value in an amazingly light & crisp/clean trigger on a battle rifle. It's kind of like putting super high-performance tires on a Geo Metro IMO. Sure, it can help a little bit but to get the true performance you need another platform.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.

Tactical Commander Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    You sure it wasn't an airsoft knock-off or something? My BUIS are more sturdy than any of the MBUS on any of my rifles and those have served their purpose just fine for years. If you're saying the BUIS on these is flimsy you're nit picking and I personally disagree with the nit you've picked in this case.

How exactly would a real rifle, have a knock off airsoft set of integral BUIS? If you really think I'm nit picking about sights that tall and skinny being flimsy I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Well, until someone has the balls to drop test their Tavor...

I can't argue with the trigger other than to ask if you've ever felt a standard GI trigger in an AR15 because it's not that much better than this one.
    Again, not sure if serious! I have plenty of standard GI triggered AR's, I also have high end triggers and a bull pup rifle. Plus I have handled many bull pups like the FS2000 and Aug. The Tavor trigger was by far last place and I would call a standard AR-15 GI trigger a huge upgrade!

I've been competing in long-range precision competitions for years so I'm well aware of what a good trigger feels like and I don't put as much value in an amazingly light & crisp/clean trigger on a battle rifle. It's kind of like putting super high-performance tires on a Geo Metro IMO. Sure, it can help a little bit but to get the true performance you need another platform.
    Im not saying a battle rifle or CQB carbine needs a 3.5# two stage Geissele to be effective, but a 10# PLUS with spongy, gritty feel and lots of travel and huge reset is a distinct disadvantage. If I'm so off base, why does Googling "Tavor trigger" return so many people saying the same thing? Seems like the only guys not hating the triggers are the die hard "fan boys" who won't admit it? I was reading about it to see if I (and my buddies who have been handling a bunch of these lately) were the only ones who werent appalled! lol I have one class 3 buddy who bought a case full of them. Everyone we opened was the same way. I honestly thought the first one was damaged, 8 or 10 later we realized it was actually the status quo…

We were all bummed to say the least! Luckily, I'm not the one who has a case full to sell...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

How exactly would a real rifle, have a knock off airsoft set of integral BUIS? If you really think I'm nit picking about sights that tall and skinny being flimsy I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Well, until someone has the balls to drop test their Tavor...

Again, not sure if serious! I have plenty of standard GI triggered AR's, I also have high end triggers and a bull pup rifle. Plus I have handled many bull pups like the FS2000 and Aug. The Tavor trigger was by far last place and I would call a standard AR-15 GI trigger a huge upgrade!

Im not saying a battle rifle or CQB carbine needs a 3.5# two stage Geissele to be effective, but a 10# PLUS with spongy, gritty feel and lots of travel and huge reset is a distinct disadvantage. If I'm so off base, why does Googling "Tavor trigger" return so many people saying the same thing? Seems like the only guys not hating the triggers are the die hard "fan boys" who won't admit it? I was reading about it to see if I (and my buddies who have been handling a bunch of these lately) were the only ones who werent appalled! lol I have one class 3 buddy who bought a case full of them. Everyone we opened was the same way. I honestly thought the first one was damaged, 8 or 10 later we realized it was actually the status quo…

We were all bummed to say the least! Luckily, I'm not the one who has a case full to sell...
    Maybe read what I said before coming into this Tavor thread to troll. I said that once the return spring was removed it is on par with a standard GI AR15 trigger. There are also a lot of people hating on piston driven AR's but that doesn't make them the garbage they wish they were. Tons of negativity and stories of Glock blowing up but that doesn't make them the least reliable handgun that some would have you think. In short, you sure are basing a LOT of your review on what anonymous people say on the internet. I've owned several and once the return spring is removed (takes about 2min total) the trigger is on par with a GI AR15 trigger. That's about where the cons end and the pros outweigh that IMO. If that's not your opinion then move along. Nothing to see here.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    While I would be the last one to suggest that the Tavor has anything even remotely similiar to a Geissele/etc; the fact is that the trigger mechanism actually works most similarly to a standard AR rifle and the pull is very close to a new GI trigger (as opposed to the linkage on a FS or AUG). They do in fact smooth out some, after a couple thousand rounds I would submit that the pull weight is probably around 8 lbs.

On topic however, I would certainly be apt to purchase whatever Geissele is putting forth; ALL of my AR's have their wonderful triggers in them, and I sure that this will be no exception.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My experience with the Tavor trigger is about the same. Once you remove the reset spring, it's not that bad. Well, it's better anyway but far from great. I can use it just fine and print decent groups from my rifle. I look forward to whatever Geissele produces for the Tavor. If Geissele never produced a trigger, I would still use my rifle and just make due with it, as is!

My Tavor got a front rail section and a Magpul RVG today. I plan to shoot a whitetail next week with it.
    Last edited by SamM; 11-22-13 at 11:42. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Maybe read what I said before coming into this Tavor thread to troll.
    I always read the entire thread before posting and I even quoted your own words for you. Troll? You serious? I gave personal opinions based on first hand experience. If that is "your definition" of a troll then I guess all the SME's, Mods, etc. here are all trolls too? Just because the information given doesn't help you feel a warm fuzzy about your rifle doesn't make it inaccurate. I think you are a bit too emotionally attached to your rig...

I said that once the return spring was removed it is on par with a standard GI AR15 trigger.
    Thats nice and all, but I'm not recommending to anyone to just plain remove part of their fire controls. And I WOULD recommend if you ever shoot anyone with that rifle you put all the OEM parts back in before the authorities seize it for evidence...

In short, you sure are basing a LOT of your review on what anonymous people say on the internet.
    Really?…..really? lol

I've owned several and once the return spring is removed (takes about 2min total) the trigger is on par with a GI AR15 trigger. That's about where the cons end and the pros outweigh that IMO. If that's not your opinion then move along. Nothing to see here.
    So anyone who doesn't share your opinion need not share theirs? Seems legit…

Hopefully Geissele is able to work their magic. I think there are a ton of guys like you who had much higher expectations and would be willing to pay Geissele to fix a major FUBAR so they can enjoy their rig. Thats certainly a much better solution, from a safety and liability standpoint than removing FCG parts...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thats nice and all, but I'm not recommending to anyone to just plain remove part of their fire controls. And I WOULD recommend if you ever shoot anyone with that rifle you put all the OEM parts back in before the authorities seize it for evidence...
    This is one that gets tossed out a lot - how many cases can be cited where the removal of a spring (or similar level of alteration) played a role in prosecution?
    How often does the state completely strip a weapon involved in a case to the point where anyone involved might have a clue that a spring is missing?
    How would the prosecution prove that the spring was removed rather than simply missing? (Unless you tell them, but everyone should know that Rule 1 is "don't tell the cops anything.")
    How does this alteration differ from the addition of non-OEM parts in general, or in trigger jobs? Does everyone with Apex parts in their pistol need to completely change them if they "shoot someone"?

Feedback Score
    I lack the motivation to do the research you ask. But I can say, that I watch enough news and have enough first hand inside info to warn against such practices. That being said, I also lack the motivation to research how many times a seat belt saves a life, but none the less, I still wear mine 24-7...
    Last edited by Mall_Ninja; 11-25-13 at 15:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I lack the motivation to do the research you ask. But I can say, that I watch enough news and have enough first hand inside info to warm against such practices. That being said, I also lack the motivation to research how many times a seat belt saves a life, but none the less, I still wear mine 24-7...
    Yet another helpful and well thought out post based on fact.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast