Thread: Saiga rifles and shotguns

Feedback Score

Saiga rifles and shotguns

I'd like to learn about Saiga rifles and shotguns. I've always liked the way they looked and was curious what they're history is and what various models,makes, and issues there are with them. I was thinking about a .308 for a general purpose rifle/scout/deer gun, and I've always liked the shotguns I've handled. I just don't really know much about them.

Feedback Score
    I owned 2 of the Saiga .308 rifles (16 and 22 inch). Neither of mine were converted to AK style. Both were about 4 MOA gun's and I found them clunky with bad trigger and ergonomics. Sold both.

Feedback Score
    I've owned 2 Saiga 12's. One was a Tromix converted weapon which was lots of fun to shoot but I sold it not to long ago. I just couldn't turn down the money I was offered for it. I still have the second, unfired and in the box. I have all the parts to convert it but I probably won't. IMHO compared to a real fighting shotgun it's just a toy. All that magazine sticking out of the bottom seems like a real liability to me.
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    ghjkl
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-11-19 at 19:05. Reason: Clarification

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that tidbit Aries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    I owned 2 of the Saiga .308 rifles (16 and 22 inch). Neither of mine were converted to AK style. Both were about 4 MOA gun's and I found them clunky with bad trigger and ergonomics. Sold both.
    +1 on the unconverted/unrestored Saigas. Restoring them to AK configuration makes a big difference, IMHO.