Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Developing Trigger for TAVOR

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Awesome. Can we get a SD3G or SDC for the AK?
    Which AK?

But seriously, there's the RSA.

Geissele makes triggers for the SCAR and (that horrid abomination) the ACR. Which makes this the first Geissele trigger for a non-AR they have introduced for a rifle that's MSRP is under $2000 (MSRP on the ACR is now below that mark, but it wasn't when they introduced the gun or the trigger).

I would guess that they don't see very many people dropping $300-500 on a trigger for a $700 gun. Most people putting $2000 into an AK are going to be getting a hand-worked trigger from somebody like Krebs or Rifle Dynamics, anyway, so no market there. Particularly given the competent and serviceable, if not fantastic, options in the form of the Tapco G2 and the Red State Arms trigger groups. Even the factory Arsenal triggers aren't bad.

Hell, the Tavor is probably the first trigger they have made for a platform that genuinely needs a nicer trigger. (And anything less than Geissele blasphemes against the rifle's IDF roots and its M16 and Kalashnikov progenitors.)
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 07-31-13 at 21:14.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Great news that is the one thing stopping me from picking one up.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C S Lewis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylinder Head View Post
    Great news that is the one thing stopping me from picking one up.
    the trigger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am really interested in this platform, Geissele support is a big selling point as far as I am concerned.

I'm thinking about moving some of my collection to fund a Tavor purchase.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Which AK?

But seriously, there's the RSA.

Geissele makes triggers for the SCAR and (that horrid abomination) the ACR. Which makes this the first Geissele trigger for a non-AR they have introduced for a rifle that's MSRP is under $2000 (MSRP on the ACR is now below that mark, but it wasn't when they introduced the gun or the trigger).

I would guess that they don't see very many people dropping $300-500 on a trigger for a $700 gun. Most people putting $2000 into an AK are going to be getting a hand-worked trigger from somebody like Krebs or Rifle Dynamics, anyway, so no market there. Particularly given the competent and serviceable, if not fantastic, options in the form of the Tapco G2 and the Red State Arms trigger groups. Even the factory Arsenal triggers aren't bad.

Hell, the Tavor is probably the first trigger they have made for a platform that genuinely needs a nicer trigger. (And anything less than Geissele blasphemes against the rifle's IDF roots and its M16 and Kalashnikov progenitors.)
    I have a G2, not bad any means. I just want a flat trigger for the AK.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    I have a G2, not bad any means. I just want a flat trigger for the AK.
    I too have a G2 in all of my AKs. In my Saiga AK-101 (my go-to) the trigger was worked over by Bill Springfield and it is outstanding. I wouldn't mind having such a trigger in any of my rifles, but Geissele is a little better from the ones I have tried.

Once I pick up a Tavor I was going to remove the extra reset spring and have Mr. Springfield work his magic on the trigger. If there's a drop-in Geissele available I will just go with that instead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any further word on the Giessele or Timney triggers?
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    That sounds awesome, its been a while since the Tavor has been out and since the trigger was announced.
    Can;t wait to see some reviews and prices for each.
    Maybe they will show them at shot show next year which I am sure many places are holding out their good items for.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by firerocketjump View Post
    That sounds awesome, its been a while since the Tavor has been out and since the trigger was announced.
    Can;t wait to see some reviews and prices for each.
    Maybe they will show them at shot show next year which I am sure many places are holding out their good items for.
    For it to be worth making, expect the prices to be north of $300, probably closer to $400, at least that's my best guesss.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Another TAVOR Trigger

Haven't heard an update from Geissele, but a Smaller Guy Shootingsight.com should have a trigger pack design done and for sale in a month: I'll be the first Consumer to get one : He designed a Trigger for the SIG556 that has really recieved high praise: I will keep everyone posted when Shooting Sights Trigger is out.

There is a thread on the Bullpup IWI sight with updated INFO

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=3194.280

pictures at bottom of page 15

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast