Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geissele Developing Trigger for TAVOR

Feedback Score
    Excellent.......

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thei3ug View Post
    Are Tavors expected to sell in such large quantities to merit strong aftermarket support? Not a dig, I just don't have any info on how many they expect to bring to market.
    What 'expected'? They have been and are.
    " Secrecy is the keystone to all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy and censorship. When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. "
    - Robert A. Heinlein -

" Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. "
    - Lord Acton -

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)
    Awesome. Can we get a SD3G or SDC for the AK?
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

Keep contacting your reps.
    http://www.ruger.com/index.html

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Awesome. Can we get a SD3G or SDC for the AK?
    Which AK?

But seriously, there's the RSA.

Geissele makes triggers for the SCAR and (that horrid abomination) the ACR. Which makes this the first Geissele trigger for a non-AR they have introduced for a rifle that's MSRP is under $2000 (MSRP on the ACR is now below that mark, but it wasn't when they introduced the gun or the trigger).

I would guess that they don't see very many people dropping $300-500 on a trigger for a $700 gun. Most people putting $2000 into an AK are going to be getting a hand-worked trigger from somebody like Krebs or Rifle Dynamics, anyway, so no market there. Particularly given the competent and serviceable, if not fantastic, options in the form of the Tapco G2 and the Red State Arms trigger groups. Even the factory Arsenal triggers aren't bad.

Hell, the Tavor is probably the first trigger they have made for a platform that genuinely needs a nicer trigger. (And anything less than Geissele blasphemes against the rifle's IDF roots and its M16 and Kalashnikov progenitors.)
    Last edited by Fjallhrafn; 07-31-13 at 22:14.
    " Secrecy is the keystone to all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy and censorship. When any government or church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. "
    - Robert A. Heinlein -

" Every thing secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. "
    - Lord Acton -

Feedback Score
    Great news that is the one thing stopping me from picking one up.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

-C S Lewis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylinder Head View Post
    Great news that is the one thing stopping me from picking one up.
    the trigger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am really interested in this platform, Geissele support is a big selling point as far as I am concerned.

I'm thinking about moving some of my collection to fund a Tavor purchase.
    It's an M112 block of C4...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast