Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Geissele Developing Trigger for TAVOR

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    For what it is worth, I have good quality trigger time behind both the TAVOR and the FS2000.

I sold the FS2000 to buy a TAVOR.

The FS200 is, in my opinion, a clunky rifle, with an odd manual of arms. It feels like you are holding a plastic suitcase, it's trigger is simply horrible, it is ridiculously awkward to field strip, the bolt does not hold open, the "flip the lid to inspect the chamber" system is a joke. It is cool how the brass dribbles out the front, I'll give it that.

The TAVOR is very noticeably better built, easier to operate, shoulders much better, is more compact feeling, it a breeze to field strip, nearly instantly, and the OEM trigger is just fine.

The TAVOR is, by far, the superior bullpup to the FS2000, and less expensive as well, and far more flexible a platform.

Anyone who say otherwise simply demonstrates they have no idea what they are talking about.
    Last edited by ptmccain; 11-26-13 at 12:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The FS2000 is very odd. I have trigger time on the FN. A friend of a friend has one. The trapdoor is just plain weird. Not sure what they were thinking on that! When it came time for me to purchase, I bought one of the first 1000 Tavor rifles sold by IWI. It's a great rifle. I paid a premium to get it but it was worth every penny. Once the aftermarket gears up more for it, look out. I'm looking forward to the Geissele trigger fix and a nice ambidextrous safety lever. I'd like to see IWI sell extra QD sling cups, so I can make an ambi front sling mount. I'd use a second cup on the right and use a small bolt to attach them together. Should work.

I sold my AUG/A3 to purchase my Tavor. I wouldn't go back.
    Last edited by SamM; 11-26-13 at 21:21.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I've owned one AUG (Steyr A3), one AUG clone (MSAR), one FS2000, and two Tavors. I've also spent more than my fair share of time with PS90s and a pre-89 100% Austrian AUG.

If I were to buy another bull pup, it would be a Tavor, hands down.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    Only an idiot uses a phrase like: Not sure if serious? and you've done it several times now.
    Is that what keeps getting you so fired up? LOL

Go back to bardcom and take your know-it-all attitude with you.
    bardcom? WTF is that? LOL

Why do you keep trying to get me in a shouting match with you? Are you mad that I won't stoop to your level and start name calling? Didn't you already state you were "done"? Why do you keep coming "un-done"?

I'm the troll? You just admitted that you feel that the FS2000 is a better system than a Tavor. ROFL Anyone with first hand experience reading this now knows that your 'opinion' is worthless. Keep typing....
    If it so worthless, why spend so much time trying to prove it? Just keep living your life, you can't expect to indoctrinate everyone you meet. Surely you have family to spend valuable time with instead of wasting it trying to convince anyone who thinks differently than you. Or, maybe you don't have anything else worth spending time on, if thats the case, no sarcasm meant, I truly feel sorry for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    I sold the FS2000 to buy a TAVOR.

The FS200 is, in my opinion, a clunky rifle, with an odd manual of arms. It feels like you are holding a plastic suitcase, it's trigger is simply horrible, it is ridiculously awkward to field strip, the bolt does not hold open, the "flip the lid to inspect the chamber" system is a joke. It is cool how the brass dribbles out the front, I'll give it that.
    The TAVOR is, by far, the superior bullpup to the FS2000, and less expensive as well, and far more flexible a platform.

Anyone who say otherwise simply demonstrates they have no idea what they are talking about.
    You did buy the FS2000, just saying...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Enough angst and drama. This isn't about a rifle or a trigger anymore.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345