Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45

Thread: Ban Tang Pikal

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,547
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

    Ban Tang Pikal

    Arrived today. Gen4 single edge Pikal in Elmax.





    In hand:


    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

    Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    That's a beauty man!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,579
    Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Where from, how long, and how much?
    Looks great.
    Sheath?
    Jack Leuba
    Military/Government Product Liaison
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

    Director of Training

    Jack@F2SConsulting.com
    F2SConsulting.com | FB@ Facebook.com/F2SConsultingLLC
    As accurate as needed, as fast as possible, as many times as it takes.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,547
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Where from, how long, and how much?
    Looks great.
    Sheath?
    Ordered straight from Ban Tang. About $220, I think 3-4 months, kydex sheath. Sheath is bare and leaves it to the user for attachment methods. Its sharper than the devils nipples.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

    Thomas Jefferson

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    126
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Where from, how long, and how much?
    Looks great.
    Sheath?
    http://bantangknives.com/wordpress/

    Ban is a good dude and posts on TPI. He is also the maker for the higher end version of Craig's Clinch Pick.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,496
    Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Doc View Post
    http://bantangknives.com/wordpress/

    Ban is a good dude and posts on TPI. He is also the maker for the higher end version of Craig's Clinch Pick.
    I really, really do love his work. I'm buying one of those plus the trainer.

    Craig Douglas (Southnarc) is also collaborating with Spyderco on a fixed blade p'kal knife, that is supposed to hit the shelves this fall.

    I like the Spyderco stuff a lot, but Ban's "scary sharp blades" are very much worth the wait and the coin.

    I'm heading to AMIS in October, and can't wait to listen to Mr Douglas discuss blades. It will be a feast.

    Thanks for the pics, newyork! Much appreciated, and enjoy your blade!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Its sharper than the devils nipples.
    I appreciate the laugh dude, I needed that!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,547
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    My pleasure. Bar tender humor.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

    Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    376
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ban's a good dude and the only knife maker that also rolls to the ground..

    here's mine.

    Clinch Pick..





    Gen4 Pikal DE




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,547
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SKULL1 View Post
    Ban's a good dude and the only knife maker that also rolls to the ground..

    here's mine.

    Clinch Pick..





    Gen4 Pikal DE



    Sick!!
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

    Thomas Jefferson

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    479
    Feedback Score
    0
    That Ban Tang Clinch Pick is badass. How much did it run you?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    484
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    That Ban Tang Clinch Pick is badass. How much did it run you?
    I'm curious too, I didn't see it on his website.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    376
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    That Ban Tang Clinch Pick is badass. How much did it run you?

    CP Double Edge with Sheath $280 + 40 (add $40 for DE)
    CP Trainer with Sheath 160
    Total 480

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    82
    Feedback Score
    0
    I really like the design, and i think a Pikal in Elmax just climbed to the top of my "next knife" list.
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."

    Col. Jeff Cooper

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,547
    Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Bans "Stupid Sharp" claim is not a joke. You can literally shave a wide channel of armchair off of your forearm, from wrist to the elbow without using any pressure. This thing would not be fun to get hit with.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

    Thomas Jefferson

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    781
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Yeah, Ive owned his pikal and he did a grind on the original CP I had and everything he touches becomes a light saber. no joke. scary sharp. And the fact that the dudes trains hard with his gear is where its at, Ive seen vid of dude with a trainer in a evo

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Detroit Rock City
    Posts
    878
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Ban Tang Pikal

    I love this blade and have been so close to ordering one so many times. But MI law says its a "no go" for carry and local laws seal the deal, so it's hard to justify.

    NewYork, you always have the best gear, brother. Super jealous.

    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I really, really do love his work. I'm buying one of those plus the trainer.

    Craig Douglas (Southnarc) is also collaborating with Spyderco on a fixed blade p'kal knife, that is supposed to hit the shelves this fall.

    I like the Spyderco stuff a lot, but Ban's "scary sharp blades" are very much worth the wait and the coin.

    I'm heading to AMIS in October, and can't wait to listen to Mr Douglas discuss blades. It will be a feast.

    Thanks for the pics, newyork! Much appreciated, and enjoy your blade!
    I got to handle the fixed P'kal at SHOT. It's pretty sweet, but basically just the folding P'kal in the fixed position. Very different from the custom Pikal blades.

    No matter what I tried, Spyderco would not sell me the prototype. :-( The poor woman working the satellite booth must have hated me by the last day.

    Have fun at AMIS - I've heard it's a great class. I missed EWO back in February and really regret it. ECQC is going on as i type this in nearby Ohio, and some friends are attending. I just couldn't swing it right now though.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,496
    Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thanks, Steve S. I met some Spyderco folks at a knife show here a few months ago. Very nice, and very helpful people.

    Do you make knife sheaths as well as holsters? I've admired your work for some time, based on photos and the recommendations of your customers.

    Yes, AMIS should be a terrific learning experience. This sounds very weird, but the biggest challenge for me is to find a good airsoft training pistol to bring. I know nothing about them. Which is good, right? I'm ordering a SIRT as well.

    I really do admire Ban Tang's work, and his commitment to his art. It's one thing to make pretty blades. But working with Craig and others to refine the design is great.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Detroit Rock City
    Posts
    878
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Thanks, Steve S. I met some Spyderco folks at a knife show here a few months ago. Very nice, and very helpful people.

    Do you make knife sheaths as well as holsters? I've admired your work for some time, based on photos and the recommendations of your customers.

    Yes, AMIS should be a terrific learning experience. This sounds very weird, but the biggest challenge for me is to find a good airsoft training pistol to bring. I know nothing about them. Which is good, right? I'm ordering a SIRT as well.

    I really do admire Ban Tang's work, and his commitment to his art. It's one thing to make pretty blades. But working with Craig and others to refine the design is great.
    Yes sir, sheaths are no problem. I just need the knife sent in, outside of some of my small personal collection.



    There's a cool prototype for a P'Kal sheath that auto deploys the knife by hooking on the Emerson Wave. Basically the same as pocket carry, but allows a more concealed position on the belt. Pic below of an early prototype. The thing makes a massive amount of force on the opening. The blunt edge has enough energy to break skin - it's that powerful of an opening on a sturdy draw. For that reason, I'm hesitant to release it.



    Thanks for the kind words. I remember years back you'd inquired about a TDI sheath. I had one for myself that I'd stopped using - and I always meant to get around to giving it to you. Sorry for the thread drift.

    Yep, there's pretty knives and functional knives. Ban Tang puts function over form, but the form turns out beautiful anyways. It's directly related to him being a student of self defense - that's for certain. Those who live their industry always make the best stuff. I was not in the least bit surprised when Craig made Ban Tang one of the Shivworks certified blade design makers after seeing him rolling around with everyone else in ECQC.

    I really need to train with SouthNarc. I've got a couple things to take care of first, then I'm picking a date for some classes.

    The SIRT pistol is an awesome investment. Can't help you on the airsoft problem, but Kary Welch of Endeavor Stitch Works is in to the airsoft thing. I know there's been some reports of him being hard to reach lately though - unfortunately.

    Have fun and be safe, bro!
    Last edited by Steve S.; 07-27-13 at 23:56.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,496
    Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    You'll give me nothing!!

    I'll trade you Bourbon for it.

    Newyork, I'm also sorry for the thread drift.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •