Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ban Tang Pikal

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Steve, he usually responds fairly quickly. Day or two at most. Usually hours. Send him an email.
    Rich
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    Does anyone know if Ban Tang can do a full flat grind instead of the saber grind, and how many additional bones it costs? Yea yea I know, if you have to ask..... :-)

I do have to ask, unfortunately. Or "embellish" the price some when telling the wife. ;-)

Couldn't find an answer on his website, and I know how busy custom makers can be - so thought I'd ask here first.
    Ban got back to me in a day, on the weekend. Email him, he seems to be a good guy to work with. I'll have a hawkbill coming along sometime in not-to-distant future.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Mr Burch! Nice to see you here, I have always heard terrific things about your work.

Thank you very much. That is nice to hear.

I am here fairly regularly, but I stay in my lane. Most of the time here I just keep my trap shut, read, and learn Anyone who saw me shoot in a local 2 Gun match two weeks ago know I have more than enough work to do in the shooting realm!

Picking people's brains during breaks and at dinner is always half the value of such a class, and that's an experienced bunch of folks.
    For sure. I enjoy that part immensely, whether I am there as an instructor or a student. And Shawn has a training group there that is putting in a LOT of work and are really switched on people who know what they are doing. Even a pure noob with no H2H/knife exeprience will learn a great deal at this course.

Couldn't find an answer on his website, and I know how busy custom makers can be - so thought I'd ask here first.
    As others have said, Ban is very good at responding. He is also a member of Craig Douglas' forum TPI, and responds to PMs there quickly as well.
    Last edited by Cecil Burch; 07-31-13 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you, Mr. Burch. I know that all of us do appreciate the time both you and Mr. Douglas spend here.

I talked with Jackdog and would have been in your November class down here, until I busted my foot a few weeks ago. The bone mechanic frowned mightily when I mentioned words like "BBJ" and "crazy monkey". I'm hoping to be healed enough to limp through AMIS in October. If not, there is always Motrin.

And canes make such useful weapons.

I definitely look forward to attending one of your sessions in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you here.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Nice knife newyork!

Some of Ban's handiwork goes with me everywhere...

Original Clinch Pick w/ Ban regrind, Ban Tang Operator and the trainer to my BT gen3 Pikal just happen to be here with me in the hotel.

Is it me or has Photobucket started down grading photo quality?

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Very nice set of tools, Ben. I am envious.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    Does anyone know if Ban Tang can do a full flat grind instead of the saber grind, and how many additional bones it costs? Yea yea I know, if you have to ask..... :-)

I do have to ask, unfortunately. Or "embellish" the price some when telling the wife. ;-)

He can. I don't know what the price difference is but he will be able to do it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Sick stuff Bleaman.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Thank you, Mr. Burch. I know that all of us do appreciate the time both you and Mr. Douglas spend here.

I talked with Jackdog and would have been in your November class down here, until I busted my foot a few weeks ago. The bone mechanic frowned mightily when I mentioned words like "BBJ" and "crazy monkey". I'm hoping to be healed enough to limp through AMIS in October. If not, there is always Motrin.

And canes make such useful weapons.

I definitely look forward to attending one of your sessions in the future. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you here.

Cecil, please! Even though he has been gone over 12 years, Mr. Burch still makes me think someone is talking to my dad

I would very much encourage you to make AMIS. It is much less physically stressful than ECQC. You could easily make it through without damaging your foot. It is extremely mentally taxing, but even in the final exercise, you could limp through it on a cane and still have no problem maximizing your learning. And Craig would certainly be able to make sure you have no issues in it. He's awesome at that.

Feedback Score
    Craig Douglas (Southnarc) is also collaborating with Spyderco on a fixed blade p'kal knife, that is supposed to hit the shelves this fall. .
    Is this going to be clinch pick or disciple sized?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast