Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ban Tang Pikal

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DanJ View Post
    Is this going to be clinch pick or disciple sized?
    Despite the sort of drift this thread is beginning to take, I will respond to your question since I have played with all the knives involved...

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong knife, it's going to be Spyderco P'kal sized. This knife being discussed is basically a fixed blade version of the folder already being produced by Spyderco. It has a neat little trick up it's sleeve though.

My Ban Tang Operator is very similar in size and shape to a Disciple. Since you were interested in this knife's size vs. a Disciple, I think I can help. Since I already have a picture of the two, size comparo time...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ban Tang Pikal

Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Despite the sort of drift this thread is beginning to take, I will respond to your question since I have played with all the knives involved...

Unless I'm thinking of the wrong knife, it's going to be Spyderco P'kal sized. This knife being discussed is basically a fixed blade version of the folder already being produced by Spyderco. It has a neat little trick up it's sleeve though.

My Ban Tang Operator is very similar in size and shape to a Disciple. Since you were interested in this knife's size vs. a Disciple, I think I can help. Since I already have a picture of the two, size comparo time...

What's the trick up the sleeve? I held the thing, and it seemed just like a fixed blade version of the folding P'kal. If its price... that would be pretty awesome - and a great move by Spyderco.

If you're allowed to say - I'm not sure how public Spyderco has made it at this point.

Feedback Score
    Spyderco has told me that the fixed blade version of the p'kal will have reversible handles so you can choose between a edge out or edge in configuration. I believe Sal and Janich have been discussing it on the spydie forums also. They had a prototype at SHOT

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    What's the trick up the sleeve? I held the thing, and it seemed just like a fixed blade version of the folding P'kal. If its price... that would be pretty awesome - and a great move by Spyderco.

If you're allowed to say - I'm not sure how public Spyderco has made it at this point.
    My bad Steve. I missed this question. It appears Sniper80 has just responded with what I was alluding to. See post above or the quote below. Sorry to leave you hanging....

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper80 View Post
    Spyderco has told me that the fixed blade version of the p'kal will have reversible handles so you can choose between a edge out or edge in configuration. I believe Sal and Janich have been discussing it on the spydie forums also. They had a prototype at SHOT

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    And a Pikal pic for good measure...

"Just the Tip"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345