Thread: Three Months is a Long Time

Feedback Score

Three Months is a Long Time

I just got back from a three month trip to New York, Ohio, and Germany (Berlin is still awesome).

I wanted to check two things on my Colt LE6920:

1. I switched from Rem Oil to Slip 2000 EWL. Was the action still gummy after several weeks or more?

2. The original battery on my new Eotech EXPS3-0 died after three days. Did I have a problem?

The action is as slick as when newly lubed (no more Rem Oil), and the Eotech battery is strong (no Eotech problem).

During the check out, I noticed the bolt would not lock back unless I manually set the bolt release.
    After 10 minutes of trying the same things and scratching my head, I found the problem -- No magazine was inserted !!!

Boy, is three months a long time. But, at least I don't have to be re-trained when I just go to lunch.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It took you 10 minutes to realize that you didn't have a magazine inserted?

Ah yes, the pleasures of jet-lag. I know them very well.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score

You too Duh!

Quote Originally Posted by jnichols2 View Post
    I just got back from a three month trip to New York, Ohio, and Germany (Berlin is still awesome).

I wanted to check two things on my Colt LE6920:

1. I switched from Rem Oil to Slip 2000 EWL. Was the action still gummy after several weeks or more?

2. The original battery on my new Eotech EXPS3-0 died after three days. Did I have a problem?

The action is as slick as when newly lubed (no more Rem Oil), and the Eotech battery is strong (no Eotech problem).

During the check out, I noticed the bolt would not lock back unless I manually set the bolt release.

After 10 minutes of trying the same things and scratching my head, I found the problem -- No magazine was inserted !!!

Boy, is three months a long time. But, at least I don't have to be re-trained when I just go to lunch.
    Happens to the best of us.

Oh yeah, and a plus 1 for Slip 2000 EWL

Last edited by 308sako; 07-29-13 at 19:17. Reason: Slip comment added

Feedback Score
    Some what off topic ,,,my next door neighbor an airline pilot retired 2 years ago. After about 3 months being retired I told him that even after he was home 5 days " he was gone 5 days then home 5 days" That he looked really good, he kinda glowed and looked rested. He said that looking like crap was from constant jet lag even though he says he misses flying the big jets but he still hates the airports.