Thread: Idiotic Question

Feedback Score

Idiotic Question

Recently Asked was If I was interested in purchasing some Herters primers (tula or wolf rebranded for cabelas I think).

He has approx 8 thousand of each small,large pistol small large rifle.

These are about 2 years old, coming from the east coast now in the mountains.

So Idiotic Question> Can primers stored in the original packaging for that length of time on the Humid east coast be affected by humidity? With regards to reliable ignition?

Or just buy them for what he paid for them $20 per thousand and live with it?

Feedback Score

buy them

They will be fine and last for years. I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Idiotic Question

My brother in law gave me about 20k assorted Federal primers from the 1980's last Christmas. They were stored in basements and garages in Nebraska without any type of climate control and they're 100% ok. I've shot around 2k so far without a single hitch.

They should be just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Snap those up. If you're a bit leery about how they'll hold up, just use them in training ammo, but no sense spending more if you can get a deal like that.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not sure how Russian primers are made... but in the US, they're made wet like a silk screed T-shirt print.

If they're stored in decent conditions for a few days-weeks, they'll be fine. They're probably just fine right now.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I run my swamp cooler 24/7 for most of the year and have no problems with primers stored in their original boxes. OTOH cookies stored in their original box will go bad in a day or two.