Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Whitetail Deer Season

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

2013 Whitetail Deer Season

Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    All this talk of center fire rifles for whitetail...

And I'm stuck with shotgun/muzzle loader during firearms season. My poor .300 WSM is sitting collecting dust. Curse you zone 3
    Damn that sucks. Can you use a handgun?
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkr870 View Post
    Damn that sucks. Can you use a handgun?
    Yep. My brother has a Ruger .44 super redhawk sitting in a box just waiting on a scope that could be an option. I have my Springfield 1911 but I'm not too confident taking 75+ yard shots with it yet

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm looking forward to it as usual. This year I'm going to change guns, though. For years, I've used a Remington model 7 in .308 with a cut-and-recrowned 16.5" barrel and a Leupy 2-7x. This year I'm going to field-test my new Ruger African in 9.3x62mm Mauser with an SWFA 1-6x.
    Awesome new gun!
    FUNDAMENTALS: A crutch for the talentless

Feedback Score
    Went out to take a look at the fields yesterday... We've had a good few weeks of cooler weather and rain so all the fields are lush, green, and in need of mowing. Definite change from last year (drought)

Anyone else have trail cam pics? I'm curious as to how whitetails in the other parts of the states are growing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post

Anyone else have trail cam pics? I'm curious as to how whitetails in the other parts of the states are growing
    This is why you shouldn't put "Deer Crack" in feeders.. Bear dance party http://thechive.com/2013/07/29/wildl...e-party-video/
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    This is why you shouldn't put "Deer Crack" in feeders.. Bear dance party http://thechive.com/2013/07/29/wildl...e-party-video/
    That's awesome!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: 2013 Whitetail Deer Season

I hope I have some trail cam pics when I get home...cam has been set for 5 weeks.

Will post em if I got em!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not going to make it this year. Maybe next year. Got a new rifle though. TC Encore in 7mm08.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I'm looking forward to it as usual. This year I'm going to change guns, though. For years, I've used a Remington model 7 in .308 with a cut-and-recrowned 16.5" barrel and a Leupy 2-7x. This year I'm going to field-test my new Ruger African in 9.3x62mm Mauser with an SWFA 1-6x.
    9.3 is a hammer on deer sized game. They don't flop as hard as something faster but you can take the shot from any angle you've got.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

2013 Whitetail Deer Season

I am going to use my new 6.8 build this year. I have settled on federal 115gr fusion loads. Took it out last Monday to sight in. Got right at 1moa at 100-200 yards. Love the new weaver super slam 4x20 scope....
    Can't wait to put some meet in the freezer. Attachment 17774

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast