Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First time firing my Colt

Feedback Score

First time firing my Colt

Took the AR out this last sat for some test firing and to get the iron sites zeroed. I set up my target at 100 yards and sent few down range all were in the black of the target but the grouping sucked. I was a little low and to the left. I made an adjustment on the rear and that brought my hits right into the center of the black. I was able to get all my shots into a group about 6 " Over all I am pleased with first outing. I am going to go out again this weekend and pop off a ferw more so I can get used to the sights. Now I want to save up for a red dot, and a little trigger work and I will be a happy. I just need to practice.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Leave the trigger alone, don't spend a dime having someone bubba it up. Lube it properly and dryfire/real fire the crap out of it and it will break in fine.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    Good advice I will leave it alone for now and just learn all the quirks of this weapon before I start messing with it.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Good shooting. If I remember correctly the front post on the AR-15 is actually a 6MOA post.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    I really like the Colt a lot. It feels good and shoots very nice. I want to improve my iron site shooting now!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Good man!

The milspec trigges start off chunky and bad, but once you've worn the contact surfaces somewhat flat, it'll be a pretty adequate single stage.

If you're willing to put in the time getting proficient with iron sights, you'll get a lot better, and be able to transition to using optics better in the long run, especially if you get the chance to shoot at longer ranges where you're having to make adjustments to the irons.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    "Leave the trigger alone, don't spend a dime having someone bubba it up. Lube it properly and dryfire/real fire the crap out of it and it will break in fine"
    Try any Geissele trigger and forget about 99.9% of factory triggers! GH

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yea without a spotter or scope I find it difficult to make good groups at 100 yards
    i like dating homeless girls.
    when you're done with them
    you can drop them off anywhere

Colt 6920(x2, soon to be 3), Glock 30s (×2), gen 4: 19,21.
    m70ab2 u/f, wasr

Feedback Score
    I was more then happy just to hit that Black circle at 100 yards I am pretty sure I can improve. Going to try again this coming weekend

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Smile

Awesome! I have yet to shoot my m4 out to 100, im hoping for similar results with buis! Then i will work with the eo tech (i already own) on it.. Do post more results!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast