Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If I wanted to replace the bolt carrier in my Sig 516...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

If I wanted to replace the bolt carrier in my Sig 516...

I know the 516 isn't a favorite around here, but I got the thing for a good price ($1,000) complete with several Pmags and barely fired.

That said...it has the original bolt carrier that Sig got sued over, the LWRC...if I wanted a spare, where could I find one and what is the model number or type associated with it.

I've searched for this info....data overload...too much info, some probably right and some probably wrong.

I just want a straight answer.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Does the carrier you have indicate it may fail? If not, I would focus more on the bolt. Be advised because of the design you can only use one built and designed for a piston carbine specific to you model.

My guess is that if you truly need a carrier, you will need to get it from Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner665 View Post
    I know the 516 isn't a favorite around here, but I got the thing for a good price ($1,000) complete with several Pmags and barely fired.

That said...it has the original bolt carrier that Sig got sued over, the LWRC...if I wanted a spare, where could I find one and what is the model number or type associated with it.

I've searched for this info....data overload...too much info, some probably right and some probably wrong.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Re: If I wanted to replace the bolt carrier in my Sig 516...

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Does the carrier you have indicate it may fail? If not, I would focus more on the bolt. Be advised because of the design you can only use one built and designed for a piston carbine specific to you model.

My guess is that if you truly need a carrier, you will need to get it from Sig.
    No...no sign of imminent failure....just thought it'd be good to have a spare.

Sig doesn't seem to want to sell parts...and I don't need a complete upper.
    Last edited by Ridgerunner665; 08-06-13 at 07:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

i did a search of this 516 model. i found in various sites, even in TOS, that Sig seems to want to sell the complete upper, not individual parts. that really sucks man. I googled "sig 516 replacement bolt"
    and "sig 516 bolt carrier group" could not find any links to any parts. just pissed off customers. even the link to this thread popped up! you might consider selling it bro.
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 08-06-13 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hell no I ain't selling it...I'll run it until breaks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hell no I ain't selling it...I'll run it until breaks.
    run the crap out of it!

Feedback Score

Proprietary components and no sales of parts? Totally bogus.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

It seems odd that a person can't get an LWRC carrier...I understand them being pissed and all...but I didn't steal from them, I'm just an unsuspecting consumer that bought what is a good rifle...I didn't know about all the drama that had taken place.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Have you contacted Sig directly?

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/

Seems like they might be able to answer your question on a replacement bolt or carrier as well as if the new ones are drop in replaceable for the old ones (which I couldn't imagine they are not).

You also have to remember it's a high demand item which is slowly starting to come back into stock after the craziness from earlier this year. It might not be a lack of willingness to sell spare parts, but the simple fact they might not have them on hand to sell.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

No...I haven't, but as I understand it they had to change the bolt carrier after the lawsuit...I'd prefer to stick with the LWRC...you know, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I'm just trying to figure out what works with what and what doesn't...and what I can actually get my hands on for replacement parts.

And that does include the bolt itself...so if anybody has any info, it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Ridgerunner665; 08-06-13 at 15:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast