Thread: LMT M4 GUARDIAN question

Feedback Score

LMT M4 GUARDIAN question

hi guys i am planning to buy an m4/ar15

i saw at the gun store the LMT M4 GUARDIAN RIFLE and i really like it.
    can u help me with your opinions about that gun and about the LMT (Lewis Machine and Tool) in general?
    I know that it is a great company with a good reputation but i need someone with experience that has already tried this rifle.

i am planning to get the 14.5" with the Eotech 552.A65 Hologragh Sight ,the Tango Down Grip, and with a Quatro Picatinny Rail for future mounts and attachments like a flashlight and laser...

and i wanna ask about the Tactical 3x/4x Magnifier Quick Flip Scope w/ Flip To Side Mount Fit For Aimpoint Eotech Holographic Sight

i will attach pictures

the m4 picture is the actual one i saw at the store but i will add to it the picatinny rail and the magnifier scope

sorry for the blurry pics

Please give your full honest opinions and thoughts and all suggestions are welcomed and taken into consideration.

Thanks
    Last edited by m1ch0; 08-09-13 at 05:33.

Feedback Score
    Where do you live? The guardian is select-fire(full auto) and you cant just buy one off the shelf in the US...
    That aside, LMT makes good weapons. I have a buddy whose LMT is a beater gun. In the thousands of rounds through it, and as far as i can recall, it only ever had one malf-- a failure to extract. Other than that, it's been flawless.
    I assume this is your first? A stock Defender, basically a Guardian minus the select fire feature, is what i recommend. Shoot it stock, learn it and upgrade as needs and preferences arise from experience. That rail on the gun in the photo is junk. On optics, again, shoot it first and better still, do a little research on both eotech and aimpoint so you make an informed decision when the time comes.
    Last edited by Col_Crocs; 08-09-13 at 06:03.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Take the advice of Col_Crocs, get a Defender and run it stock until you make an informed decision on an optic.
    Furthermore I would look at a much better rail than whatever you said was on the gun. There are many quality options out there and you can research on this forum.
    That being said.... I am wondering if your post is truly honest or if you are just that new to shooting/firearms...
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had my Defender a few years now, and a few thousand rounds thru it. EXCELLENT RIFLE. Has been accurate, and thus far 100% reliable.
    Seems well made, and the specs seem to be about on par with other
    "top tier" makers. Without getting into a pissing contest over this...one feature I personally like is that they cryo their barrels.
    This is my go-to rifle, and as of now it is without an optic, simply because I don't want one on the rifle. Ive added handguards, Vickers sling w/qd attachments, a Surefire 200 lumen light, and use only name brand, reliable mags..and NO steel case ammo, again...aint getting into a pissing contest on THAT, either. Itll shoot everything from 55 grain bullet on up to 77gr. LOVES stuff in the 55 to 64grain range.
    In other words.....I like mine.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Where do you live? The guardian is select-fire(full auto) and you cant just buy one off the shelf in the US...
    That aside, LMT makes good weapons. I have a buddy whose LMT is a beater gun. In the thousands of rounds through it, and as far as i can recall, it only ever had one malf-- a failure to extract. Other than that, it's been flawless.
    I assume this is your first? A stock Defender, basically a Guardian minus the select fire feature, is what i recommend. Shoot it stock, learn it and upgrade as needs and preferences arise from experience. That rail on the gun in the photo is junk. On optics, again, shoot it first and better still, do a little research on both eotech and aimpoint so you make an informed decision when the time comes.

I did not know that thanks for the info and i guess i'll get the Defender.. anyway they look the same to me.. this is my first indeed.
    That rail in the picture isn't the one i'm gonna get, i'm gonna install a quattro picatinny rail like this one :
    HTML Code:
    http://images2.opticsplanet.com/365-240-ffffff/opplanet-surefire-picatinny-rail-system-m70.jpg
    anyways thanks for your reply and have a good day

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Take the advice of Col_Crocs, get a Defender and run it stock until you make an informed decision on an optic.
    Furthermore I would look at a much better rail than whatever you said was on the gun. There are many quality options out there and you can research on this forum.
    That being said.... I am wondering if your post is truly honest or if you are just that new to shooting/firearms...

about the advice, will do, i will search for quality rails i don't like the one in the pic either.
    And i am new to rifles specially the ar15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I had my Defender a few years now, and a few thousand rounds thru it. EXCELLENT RIFLE. Has been accurate, and thus far 100% reliable.
    Seems well made, and the specs seem to be about on par with other
    "top tier" makers. Without getting into a pissing contest over this...one feature I personally like is that they cryo their barrels.
    This is my go-to rifle, and as of now it is without an optic, simply because I don't want one on the rifle. Ive added handguards, Vickers sling w/qd attachments, a Surefire 200 lumen light, and use only name brand, reliable mags..and NO steel case ammo, again...aint getting into a pissing contest on THAT, either. Itll shoot everything from 55 grain bullet on up to 77gr. LOVES stuff in the 55 to 64grain range.
    In other words.....I like mine.

LMT is indeed a great manufacturer.
    thanks for your reply, and for the info, i appreciate it
    have a good day!

i will post the pics of the rifle when i buy it

Feedback Score
    Look around the site. Lots of info here on different ARs, rails and everything else. I would hold off on getting any rails at the moment though... Shooting your gun stock will help you figure out what it is you really want and need and help you avoid spending twice... once on what you thought you wanted and later on you really need. Buy once cry once. Ive been there.
    Really though... Where do you live? Im really curious how and why you have access to an LMT guardian.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not a technical thread.

OP, we have stickied threads in this subforum and in AR General Discussion.

Please read them, particularly the ones you'll find in the ones entitled Knowledge Base Threads.

We've no shortage of "What Should I Buy?" threads in AR GD. The ones that remain open are usually the ones that include questions or info NOT addressed within the Knowledge Base Threads or are unique in some other way.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons