Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul CTR Stock QD Sling Use

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I bought the CTR to replace my MOE stock, I wanted a QD socket and really liked the friction lock option. I don't think I'd buy another stock besides the CTR, it works perfect for me. Personally I like the QD location, it swivels well, and I have no problem with the sling getting caught between my shoulder and the stock's pad. If you like the MOE, you'll love the CTR.
    Last edited by Plumber237; 08-07-13 at 12:46.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    Anyone replace their standard Magpul butt stock for a Magpul CTR in order to use the QD sling swivel point?

If so, did you like placing your sling at that location?Thanks!
    No I did not like it. I prefer reciever end plate sling mounts now. Burnsed over QD also.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone for your responses.

I've hit the research button and found a wide variety of preferred sling point locations and fully appreciate they're a personal fit kind of thing.

Currently, I have a QD Rotation Limited Sling MOUNT-N-SLOT installed on the standard Magpul hand guard that came on my Colt LE6920 with Magpul furniture. Looks neat and clean and works like a champ!

On the other end, I have an ambidextrous hook type sling attachment point located just behind and below the charging handle area, if that's understandable...?

I've learned having a QD on one end of my sling and a hook type on the other is functional, but not as efficient as having both sling ends set up with QD's.

Thus, my desire for a CTR which comes with a built in QD sling point.
    However, according to the research attaching a sling near the butt end can be problematic...

Or not?

Further thoughts?

Thanks again.

P.S. I have no clue (as I don't know what constitutes one from the other) as to what CTR I'll need if I buy one - Commercial or Milspec?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    P.S. I have no clue (as I don't know what constitutes one from the other) as to what CTR I'll need if I buy one - Commercial or Milspec?
    Well, if your rifle has a mil-spec receiver extension, then you'll need a mil-spec butt stock. On the other hand, if you have a commercial receiver extension...well, you probably guessed where this is heading.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=50674

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If you've got a stock Colt LE6920 it'll be a mil spec buffer tube.
    Do not go gentle into that good night...rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas

Feedback Score
    My CTR is rock solid and yes I bought it just for the QD mount. I have found that using the socket on the right side instead of the left makes the rifle hang more natural. At least for me it does. ymmv?
    NCH
    When seconds count, the Police are just minutes away!!

Feedback Score
    Thanks again all.

Update: I just learned Mount-N-Slot sells a QD swivel point that can be added to/bolted on the basic Magpul butt stock - it's called a QD Rotation Limited Sling MOUNT-N-SLOT for Buttstock.

If I'd known that to begin with I'd never have started this thread.

Arrrrgggh, live and learn....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Love the CTR. I run the QD button through the triangle cutout and attach it on the other side. Normally I hard mount on stocks like the imod and sopmod. I don't like QD rear mount because of how the sling contacts my face, but when it's attached on the opposite side it's just like how hard mounting feels and you get the plus of the QD.
    BURY ME WITH MY GUNS ON

Feedback Score
    Help. I'm new to the AR platform and a fairly new member. I have a CTR and just bought a Vickers VCAS. I want to thread the sling through the top horizontal slot on the CTR but when I try to collapse the stock, the buffer tube gets in the way. How can I do this?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If you have a CTR stock you should take advantage of the QD socket on it...buy a QD sling attachment and hook it to your VCAS (Good call by the way, IMO that's the best sling on the market).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast