Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Put down the Dremel!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Put down the Dremel!

A customer recently purchased a high quality Bolt from us. Today, he sent us an e-mail stating that he was unhappy with the Bolt's quality due to the fact that he could not get a Cam Pin to pass all the way through the hole in the Bolt.

In order to "Fix" the problem, he took a Dremel tool to the back side of the Bolt and opened it.

Before you try and "Fix" a problem, please make sure you know what you are talking about FIRST.

C4

Pic of a Colt bolt and Cam Pin. Note how the Cam Pin will not go all the way through the Bolt.

Feedback Score
    Sadly, this is not shocking.
    Stick

I have been asked to point out that I am Magpul's photographer. I have also done work for 95 or so manufacturers within the firearm community, my work has been used for web, catalog, banners, magazines, covers, etc. I have also shot work for the US Military where it has been used in training aids. I am prior service and a full time LEO.

I also shoot and write for Military Times. My primary focus is weapons, accessories and related equipment reviews. Manufacturers can reach me through any of the boards. If you have something new, let me know.

Newest pictures uploaded here at my Flickr account

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Sadly, this is not shocking.
    Ya, I know, but what is shocking is that the guy is arguing with me that I am WRONG.

C4

Feedback Score
    Nothing more dangerous than having just enough knowledge to get in trouble.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

Now, what do you own the world?
    how do you own disorder?

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Wow. Just... wow.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    So was this an email to advise that the bolts were 'out of spec' but he figured out a fix? I wonder where that bolt is right now...

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast