Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Put down the Dremel!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have this habit of looking up manuals and other official data before I get frisky with power tools

And then I make sure there's some instruction on what to do,remove,or add before I start in on shit that way if it goes haywire I can't blame myself....much
    "That which is dead can eternal lie,and with strange aeons even death may die"~Lovecraft

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is what happens when rumors of an "unreliable" yet very popular and still current issue military rifle spread far and wide. Bubba re-engineered to perfection.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Simply amazing. I'm gonna go play tag with a 747 now.
    Not sure about you guys, but I'm only here for the free food and open bar.

Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    I bet the guy was thinking the bolt was made by the lowest bidder. I wonder why he just didn't return the thing if he thought it was a bad part instead of doing a bubba job first?
    Last edited by tog; 08-07-13 at 10:45. Reason: Can't spell!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    I bet the guy was thinking the bolt was made by the lowest bidder. I wonder why he just didn't return the thing if he thought it was a bad part instead of doing a bubba job first?
    Bingo! Or just e-mailed me with a question before taking the Dremel tool to the Bolt.

C4

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Meh. I've done plenty of stupid stuff in my life, so I can't really say that this totally surprises me. Haven't done anything quite that daft in recent memory, thankfully, but it happens.

I do think that the Dremel should probably be a controlled item, however, with some kind of associated classroom instruction and certification process. I'd sooner put a light saber in most guys' hands than a Dremel.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    I'd sooner put a light saber in most guys' hands than a Dremel.
    This. I have locked away my Dremel and have to have a good enough reason to break open the lock to start using it.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I'd always thought that was a "feature" of the bolt's design so that it could not be put in the wrong way. Not the first time someone has turned the bolt around the wrong way but most people, most reasonable people, just turn it the other way and try again.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    its actually really funny......its stupidity nothing more or less I fail to sympathize with people who do dumb shit without looking into it first
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    its actually really funny......its stupidity nothing more or less I fail to sympathize with people who do dumb shit without looking into it first
    We've all done dumb stuff without looking into it first.

However, most of us fail to call up a distributor and bitch about the "out of spec parts" after we get done doing said dumb stuff. And furthermore, explain in detail what we did to "fix" said dumb stuff.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast